Aggies fans opinion and prediction

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
One of the funniest things, is they don't give us credit for a good offense. They are looking at this last game and thinking we are an average offense. I even saw them say our running backs are nothing special. They are giving their defense too much credit, to think they are anything like LSU. And this isn't played in Death Valley.

Can't wait till they see Yeldon in person. :biggrin: And if Lacey is healthy, they will learn the term "circle button".

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Like any well coached team the Ags are getting better as the season goes along. Can they score a lot of points? Yes. Will they score a lot of points? Don't know. Looking at the LSU offensive gameplan and determining that a no-huddle spread offense will be able to do the same is kind of short sighted to me. The defensive plan of attack will be totally opposite. There will be minimal pressure on JM to keep him in front of us and make him throw the ball. If the front gets to him, so be it. Where JM will be successful is when we play man and he escapes, then you can expect big yards from him (he is lightning quick). He has held up to the physical play really well so far this year, unfortunately for the Ags he may be due that hit that rattles the noggin a little.

I fully expect to see Alabama lean on the Ags in the running game, slowing the game down and tiring out the Ag defense, with the occasional play action deep pass to keep everyone where they should be. I fully expect the Alabama defense to rebound and play better on third down to keep this offense exactly where we want them to be: On the sidelines with Gatorade cups in their hands.

Bamabww

3rd Team
Oct 26, 2005
Moulton, Alabama
community.webshots.com
I think they're going to be surprised when they get a real taste of Bama football up close and personal. I've been hoping they would be the exception to the rule and not hate Bama like almost every other team does but probably not going to happen.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Opinions vary, I guess. I refuse to give up on our defense (or offense, for that matter) based on one performance. In the end, both our offense and defense did what they had to, when they had to in order to win the game. It took us 49 seconds to drive down the field and regain the lead Saturday night, leaving LSU 45 seconds to do the same. Our defense absolutely crushed them. When the game was on the line.

All of the experts last week predicted that LSU would have to play a perfect game in order to have a chance to win, which they did. And we still won. There's a reason LSU's ranked higher than aTm. I just don't see aTm lighting us up in our stadium.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.

Wingman, ** pilot or Naval Aviator? At any rate, thanks for your service. I'm sure down the line that A&M will win some games against Bama (not anytime too soon, I hope), but A&M is in the SEC West now, and you'll have to learn like the rest of us, that, it's tough in here. It is very possible, given the right conditions, that A&M might win. Personally, I hope your heart gets broke every year about this time. But look at it this way, it's sort of a win-win situation for you. Go with that. Because otherwise, it's a lose-lose. Just hope for a great game that makes you proud of both teams. A'ight? I'm sticking with the Tide. Your guys win...my heart will be broken, we've more to lose than you.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I was browsing some of their boards...and I am surprised they were making fun of the state of Alabama. I thought they were better than that...but nope. I am from Texas, so I definitely don't like their representation.
This is surprising to me, considering that they are a "COW COLLEGE". They are the Auburn of Texas.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Whichever Aggie that said your DE's are slow knows nothing about football and probably should keep their opinions to themselves. I do think that we'll score some points on you, I know it might sound crazy...but I think we will get around 28 points on you. Unfortunately, I think we'll give up 42 or more points. So therefore, I think the score will be 42-28 with Alabama winning the game in the second half. Our (A&M's) defense is good, but we have almost zero quality depth and we'll get worn down by your starters and depth (most of whom could be starters for other major programs). I grew up watching Alabama football and have always wanted you all to win. My sister attended your school and graduated with 2 degrees, so Bama holds a soft spot in my heart. Too bad for me, they will break my heart if they beat my Aggies. I do think that we'll give you one heck of a game though, or at least hope so.
While it is certainly not out of the realm of possibility that A&M beats Alabama, I don't expect it to happen this time. However, they way Sumlin appears to be building things there, and the way other programs in the West appear to be going, A&M is going to be in prime position to play for an SEC title sooner rather than later.

rolltide1982

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2011
i'm just onboard with this aggie thing. good team? yes. great team? no. bottom line is aTm fell to the two teams that have real defenses that they have played and nothings gonna change saturday. every week, thats all i her is how " this is gonna be bamas real challenge" and the weeks come and go and here we are right on top. i'm thinking the best defense in the country is mad as heck for that crappy display last saturday and then there will be a force to be reckoned with. roll tide roll.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I agree with A&M getting yards and some points, but 38 points? I really believe we will try to limit the opportunities for them to have the ball by pounding the football with our Oline and RB. That is a favorable match up for us.
they cant score if they dont have the ball, and unlike LSU we'll control the game clock in this one

Bama -37
A&M-20

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Ever been to the great Bryan/College Station consolidated metropolitan area? It's a bigger version of Auburn/Opelika with a slightly higher ratio of beltbuckle weight/tooth (lbs. per unit). However, they do lead the nation in the production of hubris and radiators for 2-cycle air-cooled lawnmowers. :wink:
The Texas A & M campus in College Station is not even close to comparing with the University of Alabama campus in Tuscaloosa. UA has a beautiful campus. ATM is just plain UGLY!:BigA:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
TexAgs is a joke. Went on there one time when aTm came to the SEC and I quickly realized why UT fans can't stand them. They were all talking about how BAMA was like Texas. They all were kissing AU's butt, saying how they had so much in common with the barn. On a side, I can't believe the idiots that pay to listen/watch Billy Liucci's show. He is proof any idiot can have a show on the internet.
So, we've had a Barn East and now we have a Barn West.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
But they Dominated the last two SEC opponents...shouldn't that make them elite? :biggrin:

I am sure Auburn would appreciate how the Aggie fans think so highly of the team.

I love Cody Mandell's recent tweet:

"@CodyMandell29: The puppies were invited into our backyard...gotta show em proper #SEC manners!"

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The thing about our DE's being slow shows an absolute lack of understanding in regards to a 3-4 personnel defense. Alabama will be in 4-2-5 most of the game and likely one ore two Jack LBs will be playing end most of the game. Square will probably keep his SDE position on early downs and sub for Devall or Dickson/Hubbard on obvious passing looks. In fact, I like Square in most situations anyway because he's sneaky fast. His physicality makes his ability to go around a linemen a little easier...they expect bull rush and get something different.

Also, I don't think our gameplan will be to even try to get the end of the line rushers around the corner. We'll see most of our pressures come directly into the face of Manziel while the ends set the corner to maintain contain on any attempts to leave the pocket. They said it themselves, Manziel thrives on the blitz. We'll probably rarely blitz more than 5 on Saturday. If pressure does come, it will almost always be the additional 5th guy from some kind of late stunt or twist into the middle of the pocket.

Last edited:

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
To me, that sounds like the opinion of someone who has watched exactly one Bama game this season. It's a similar opinion to a lot of the internet sports writers that just can't grasp that Saturday's game against LSU was the exception, not the rule. Bama will be ready, the secondary in Nickel/Dime situations will be every bit as stingy as they were for the first 8 games, and Manziel will not be able to pull off the plays with his legs to win this game.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
To me, that sounds like the opinion of someone who has watched exactly one Bama game this season. It's a similar opinion to a lot of the internet sports writers that just can't grasp that Saturday's game against LSU was the exception, not the rule. Bama will be ready, the secondary in Nickel/Dime situations will be every bit as stingy as they were for the first 8 games, and Manziel will not be able to pull off the plays with his legs to win this game.
Our defense was in base almost all of the LSU game. When we play nickel, I think we have better personnel groupings and match up better against passing games. Nico is a beast, but his one big area struggling is in pass coverage; Nick Perry is also better against the run than the pass and LSU exploited that (in addition to Belue; although I think Belue was in good position most of the time, the ball was just too high for him to reach).

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The one thing I haven't seen discussed is going to be the attitude our defense is going to come in with. I know they are somewhat tired but they are not happy campers with the way the played against LSU. I would expect some foul tempered defensive lineman and LB's to not take kindly to someone coming to BDS and saying their slow, yada, yada, yada. I fully expect them to play at a higher level. TAMU will get points, they are a very good offense but interrupt their timing and Mr. Football better be fleet of foot. JMO.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
LSU managed to hang with us due to equal talent and winning the turnover battle. Although aTm is a talented and deserving team with an extremely gifted athlete improvising against lesser talented teams that won't be the case Saturday afternoon. Our defensive game plan won't be persuit of JM, it'll be containing him. He'll probably jail break on us a couple times but he won't run free very often. And when he does I expect to see another "COLLISION" similar, if not the same, as Millener had on Denard. It's great to go into this contest with confidence but the ball is going to have bounce funny in aTm's favor on more than one occasion for them to pull off the upset. I just don't see that happening. Bama wins in Bama style pulling away in the 4th quarter.

RTR!!!

Aggie Tide

Oct 26, 2012
I went to both schools and I have seen every A&M and Bama game this year. Many in person including the LSU game this past Saturday. A&M will give Bama some trouble with their offense but they lack the depth and special teams to upset Bama on the Road. A&M has nothing to lose so that makes them scary. But Bama is to well coached and they have great balance on offense and they will be able to make second half adjustments A&M will not be able to counter. I like Bama 38 to 24. THis will be a good game for Bama to see how they will match up against Oregon. A&M is very similar to Oregon - they have a stable of good receivers and 3 quality running backs and they are now running ther offense at a very similar pace.

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
I'm glad ol' Johnny is getting a lot of pub this week. I think it will certainly help us avoid the let down factor. I'm also glad (now that it's over and we won!) the D struggled a bit so they will now certainly challenge themselves. I expect Saban will have them breathing fire out of the tunnel. Scheme wise, I expect similar things to the UM game. Johnny is probably a better passer with better WR's than UM is the main difference. I don't see us blitzing of the edge other than to contain maybe. That blitz never seemed to work last week and caused trouble when it didn't. I figure DE's contain, pus up the middle and wait for Johnny to get frustrated and make mistakes. I do worry if our Safeties are in coverage too much as they did struggle some last week. Being in a defense that allows CJ to be on the field more certainly will help. Offensively, we need to set the tone early and be physical. If they stack the box, which I expect they will AJ is gonna need to be accurate right away. I see the Ags maybe scoring in the 20 range at most, with one of those late. I don't see them keeping us under 30. Will say though, not looking forward to seeing him for the next few years if he keeps developing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.