News Article: Possible reason why Auburn is so bad tihs year?(Security Firm hired to enforce cufew)

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I'd like to hear Trooper/Luper try to spin this policy into a plus for recruiting. Come to college and have truant officers keep tabs on you. Don't worry about learning personal responsibility, we'll handle that for ya.

KanBama

All-American
Nov 22, 2002
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Welcome to Auburn, we want you to feel like family here so we are going to continue you parents rule and give you a curfew.

What's that? You never had a curfew at home and were allowed to stay out until you felt like coming in..

No Problem... Meet Officer Johnson, he is the security guard assigned to see that you do make it in on time.

:auto: :ROCKER::ROCKER: :pDT_alc: :fflak:

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
There are not many things a coach could do to destroy the trust he has with his players than to have someone else checking up on them "for their own good". It is creating a sense of not only distrust but disrespect. These guys are all at least 18 years old, can vote, serve in the military, and be tried as an adult. Not a smart move by the coaching staff.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
Its been real interesting keeping up with the train wreck on the Plains but this takes the cake. The head football coach is supposed to be the ultimate father and authority figure to a football team. Its even more evident at any successful college program. What does this say about the head man at that program that you have to hire an enforcer to control your "household". There should be a case study done in West Georgia on how NOT to run a football program. But I digress, there already is. LOL ;)

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I am quite sure this "security firm" will be called by au and aubarn police whenever their players are involved in anything as well.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
There are not many things a coach could do to destroy the trust he has with his players than to have someone else checking up on them "for their own good". It is creating a sense of not only distrust but disrespect. These guys are all at least 18 years old, can vote, serve in the military, and be tried as an adult. Not a smart move by the coaching staff.
I think it's the players that have destroyed the trust, just look at the police blotter to confirm....along with a couple of coaches recruiting the players that bring this environment/attitude. Reap what you sow...

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
I'd ALMOST understand this action if it was in response to rampant, widespread rule/law-breaking. OR if they were undefeated and tightening up to keep the players safe and focused.

But when you've only won two games, why would you deprive your players the rare chance to drink away their problems on Halloween?

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I'd ALMOST understand this action if it was in response to rampant, widespread rule/law-breaking.
I think you answered your own question. At least they know that is the perception.

This is a bright shining example of how incompetent their outfit really is. They go from an "anything goes" stance on players (y'all know the history) to a "nothing goes" mentality. It just don't work that way. If you let lunatics run the asylum, good luck getting that control back. I mean the bad seeds already ruined it for the few good character kids that they actually got, why ruin such a wonderful thing?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.