Poll: If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

• Fire him.

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Keep him for at least another year.

Votes: 66 86.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, its not like they have to write a big check all at once. chizik get $7,5000,000, but that is payable over three years, which would be around $200,000 a month. And if he gets another job, the salary he gets from that would be deducted from his buyout, I imagine the others have the same deal.
I'm not sure what Tubberville and his assistants got entirely, and I think they are done paying but it was millions. That can't be too far in the rear view mirror, and couple that with Gene and his assistant's buyout, and you have a big chunk of change. Sure, it might end up being "only" 250K a month that they are out, but this has to be weighed against the hit they took firing the last coach, the legal costs of escaping the NCAA, and what ever it will cost to convince the next coach to put his career on the line.

They do not have unlimited funds...

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
TUF has got the money. The issue is where do they get another coach that'll be "down home' cuz"? A coach that'll accept TroopaLup recruiting? Do they risk going straight and totally clean house? Going straight could result in several train wrecks down the road before they can get it together. Big decision. Whether they keep JJ will signal if the old guard has finally relinquished control.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I'm starting to think what Dye meant about the "Worth 10 Sabans" comment was actually about the cost of a buy-out. Which would technically be an understatement regarding Saban. IIRC, Saban doesn't have a buy-out clause. So, by that definition, Chizik is worth an infinite number of Sabans.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
He should be allowed to stay. He needs more time to get his team playing like one. ..... heh, heh in all seriousness, he should be allowed to stay so that the Barn can wallow in the consequences of their decisions. But... if I was them, he was packing 2 or 3 Sundays ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.