Poll: If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

If it were up to you, would you have the Barn fire Chizik or keep him?

• Fire him.

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Keep him for at least another year.

Votes: 66 86.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Ok, let's say that you're on the Board of Trustees or the AD or whatever and the decision of whether or not the Barn is going to fire or keep Chizik has fallen completely to you. You have to decide whether or not the Barn is going to fire Chizik at the end of this season or keep him, for at least one more year.

How and why you decide is up to you. You could flip a coin. You could try to distance yourself from the situation and try to make the "best" choice. Or, being a Bama fan, you could (most likely) make the choice that you believe would be the worse choice for the poor, pitiful barners.

So, what say ye? Do you cast Chizik aside right now or give him one more year?

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I would fire him. The NC in 2010 was a fluke. For the record, if I were on the BoT, I would have never voted to hire him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fire him, and it has little to do with wins/losses. That program is out of control and all of the leadership needs to go, IMO.

Of course, if you are an Alabama fan, that is good news and a great reason to want him to stay.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Auburn has a predicament.
Under Chizik they are: 2009---8-5---Bowl winner
2010--14-0--National Champ
2011---8-5---Bowl winner
2012---3-9---probable final record.
How can you fire a coach with 2 pretty good years, one great year and then one really bad year?
Also, How can you convince any good coach to come when they can see there is NO job security if you have even one bad year?
That is why they will go for the best desperate coach out there....Petrino.
If they don't land him they will throw gobs of money at an unproven "up and coming" coach.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I would keep him just because it is fun to see them stink, but this is coming from a Bama fan. If I were a Barner (help me God :)), I would want him fired.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I think for firing him will put the Barn in deeper, short term disarray but keeping him will continue the festering, slow death that is griping them now for longer. The decisions they make will be full of win for Bama fans either way. (Schadenfreud to the fullest :D)

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
There's too much money at stake in buyouts to fire him at the end of this season. The deep pockets at the Barn are not as deep as they used to be now that Lowder is floundering. They've got to wait until next year, or the next.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
As GP pointed out...other than this year his wins and losses haven't been all that bad. He is also undefeated in bowl games (obviously not going to a bowl this year).

I honestly think he will be back after this year, but with the goal of making it to a bowl game next year. If that does not happen...then they let him go.

We all know things are in shambles down there, but we also know winning can fix a lot. I think the PTB down there are hoping winning is in their immediate future.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Why is there not a at least 3 yr selection? I have contibuted to a "keep CGS fund" so he will stay around. :biggrin2:

Realistically I would say one more year but considering how out of control it is down there right now, especially with the hired babysitters, will they even have enough scholarship players to field a team in another year?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
When you look at it from a standpoint of the number of other job openings this year, I would have to fire him.
Possible openings this year
Arkansas
Kentucky
Tennessee?
Georgia Tech?
Southern Miss?
California?
Purdue?
USC? (supposed to win it all could have as many as 5 or 6 losses)
Boston College?

The big names might be all gone for next year.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I really think this goes a lot furthur than we can see. I think there may be some looming NCAA problems due to the fact of the mess in memphis and rumors of coaches being pulled off the road. If a change is made, will au be forthcoming with that info to a possible candidate? If they are, who would want to come into a mess like that? I think chizik will get another year and they will let everything play out with the ncaa (if there is a problem) he will be fired with no buyout due to wording in his contract. Also, I think the NCAA has been waiting since the $cam Knewton mess to be able to bust them. That being said, don't look for them (the ncaa) to be in a big hurry with sanctions. They will take their time and have their ducks in a row. chizik will be gone at the end of the 2013 season.

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
As an Alabama fan, I'd say keep him forever!

If I were on the Auburn board, he'd be gone by now in order to get a head start on hiring the next coach.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think everyone pretty much knows the deal which Chizic. When he has finally been called upon to be the man like AJ, he has laid an egg.

Remember the head scratching when he was hired? The laughter from Bama fans. Nothing has changed, he is a weak character as a head coach with very average football intelligence. He is a manager not a coach. I am not sure why they hired him unless they just wanted someone naive.

It is funny looking back how some (me) felt after they duplicated our 2009 season, like we were being mocked. But we came back and did it again, and Auburn crumbled.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I say keep him until hedoublehockeysticks freezes over. The barners said he was better than Saban when it only took him 2 years to win a BCS title. He is the man to lead them out of the wilderness that tubs created and he has had to deal with. He recruits players with great character who are highly rated and just need time since they are still young. He cares about his players and is not a meanie like that coach in Tuscaloosa. Trooper is a fine example of a backward hat towel waving upright coach who would never even consider dealing with street agents like he has been accused of. He lives and breathes the aubie creed and realizes that aubie is a special place to park their trailers. Once he gets all his recruits in there watch out.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Looks like he is gone...twitter is about to explode. clay Travis tweeted that auburn247 has reported he is gone. I am sure a new thread will be made soon about it.

bmcklv

All-American
Nov 27, 2006
Huntsville, Alabama
Auburn has a predicament.
Under Chizik they are: 2009---8-5---Bowl winner
2010--14-0--National Champ
2011---8-5---Bowl winner
2012---3-9---probable final record.
How can you fire a coach with 2 pretty good years, one great year and then one really bad year?
Also, How can you convince any good coach to come when they can see there is NO job security if you have even one bad year?
That is why they will go for the best desperate coach out there....Petrino.
If they don't land him they will throw gobs of money at an unproven "up and coming" coach.
Because they were delusional before they won the BCSCG, now they think they're the big brother in the state because of one year with a pro quarterback.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
As a Bama fan, I'm hoping they keep him, but if they can get Shawn Watson, then Cheesy needs to go.

Actually, they aren't that far away from having a decent year. They really weren't blown out until the Texas A&M game and were in all the others in the fourth quarter. suppose they hang on to beat Clemson and find a way to beat LSU. Maybe that gives them confidence and they win a couple of the others. What if that Ole Miss runner goes down instead of staying on his feet?

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they gave him one more chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.