Link: Junction Boys to be honored at Saturday's game

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That folks is one of the classiest things we have ever done. What a great tribute to those players, Coach Bryant, the two universities and to us old guys who were around then.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is strangely odd and interesting the history these 2 schools have shared. This is one reason why I never had a problem with A&M joining the SEC. I really hope that this game develops into a big rivalry for the schools. Not a mean spirited one like the UT and Iron Bowl have become, but one built out of mutual respect. I doubt it will happen but, it would be nice if it grew to be bigger then UT and/or the Iron Bowl. I have no doubt it will be our #3 rivalry pretty soon.

In fact, the schools should come together and develop a name for the game with a unique trophy or something. Maybe call it the Junction Bowl and the trophy could be a bronze houndstooth hat. IDK, just thinking out loud but, I think something like that would be pretty neat.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is probably smart to get a proper recognition of this out of the way before the inevitable bad blood competition brews comes.

You could argue that without the Junction Boys, there isn't a modern Alabama football program...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.