breaking barn news

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Well, Shawn Watson is 11-22 as a Head Coach, so it would appear that the Barn would be starting a new tradition of hiring Head Coaches with losing records. :biggrin2:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think Shawn Watson was a rumored OC for us in 2007 when CNS went with Applewhite or 2008 when he went with CJM. I say rumored as I put Watson as an OC in there with Brent Pease (now at UF) and Loeffler (our plant on the Plains) who were also rumored Saban OCs but I do not think ever got interviewed.
So, what you're saying is AU may hire a HC we wouldn't even consider hiring as an assistant. I'm cool with that.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
There is almost no chance that a program of the prestige of Auburn (laugh if you want, but there are clearly a top 30 program) will hire an assistant coach. Florida hiring Muschamp from Texas was the exception, but he was practically a year or two from being Texas' head coach. They will go hire someone like Art Briles from Baylor.

Are we sure it's not Randy Watson
That joke was just made on the Finebaum show as well...

Also, here is a very good point to consider:

If the rumor is Chizik being dumped for Shawn Watson, I would consider it a planted falsehood designed to preemptively discover leaks.
Couple that with the security company story last night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.