breaking barn news

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
My guess is that they are lining up coordinators for whoever is the HC next year. There is no logical reason why they would be talking to this guy at this point about being the HC. Perhaps they will keep Chizik but will force him to get rid of Loeffler and bring in someone like Watson to be the new OC. It appears that Trooper will be gone at the end of the season and perhaps Luper so we know their offensive (no pun intended) coaching staff will be reworked anyway.

Last edited:

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
The buyout for Cheesenip and his assistants may put the hurt on the bank. Watson will be able to be brought in at a much lower pay scale than a proven guy.
If this is the reasoning, why not just keep the current staff in place? At least Chizik has established a recruiting base and presumably has relationships with his players.

It makes more sense not to pay the buyout than to pay the buyout and bring in a coach who is completely out of his league.,

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Could someone please post some of the ITAT sayings? I keep reading about the smokescreen/meltdown/rumors/etc. and would love to see them. Thanks in advance.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Too bad. I was starting to like this Gene Chizik guy. Really though, didn't we tell the Barn this was going to happen? In 09/2010, didn't we tell them something like this was going to happen when you didn't win the right way? After that NCG, I had all kinds of Barn fans tell me that was the best 180k they ever spent (in all seriousness, I don't believe that really happened -- well, can't prove it anyways). Well, maybe so but you reap what you sow. Enjoy your next Coach, Barn and more years of mediocrity.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Here's another thought; Maybe the barn is going to keep Chizik and replace his staff for him.
That is my opinion on what is going on. There is no way that AU is looking at this guy as the next HC at this point. They would have to fire Chizik and then strike out with there top 3-5 candidates before they would get desperate enough to hire someone like this.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
That is my opinion on what is going on. There is no way that AU is looking at this guy as the next HC at this point. They would have to fire Chizik and then strike out with there top 3-5 candidates before they would get desperate enough to hire someone like this.
I know what ya mean. That would almost be as crazy as firing their 4th all time winningest coach who had more victories in a row over their most hated rival than any coach in their history and replacing him with a guy who had a terrible winning percentage and very little experience at a crappy football school. ;)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I know what ya mean. That would almost be as crazy as firing their 4th all time winningest coach who had more victories in a row over their most hated rival than any coach in their history and replacing him with a guy who had a terrible winning percentage and very little experience at a crappy football school. ;)
I believe that was a mutual decision which is why Tubby received the remainder of his contract. Officially he "resigned" but I have no doubt it was a mutual decision. It was obvious his last year that he was very unhappy and it was equally obvious that the AU PTB wanted him gone.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The Louisville OC mention is a just a smoke screen or misdirection in my opinion. Let the journalist snoop around some coordinator candidates in that guy's tier for lead while they're talking through back channels to agents about a guy with a little more name but doesn't want Auburn talk derailing his current team's season. After taking a waiver wire hire on a lame duck coach at ISU, Auburn can't fire Chizik without planning to acquire a coach with some head coaching success on his resume.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the agent they are talking to is just name dropping other guys he represents to help all his clients get a pay day out of it. I'd try to figure out this Watson guy's agent and who else he represents.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.