announcer on css makes fun of AJ for emotions after lsu game

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
99% of the press ate this up with the push towards gender mesh :) But this was one of the times that it should have been looked highly upon because it displayed a warrior crying for joy. You don't get to see that often.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
99% of the press ate this up with the push towards gender mesh :) But this was one of the times that it should have been looked highly upon because it displayed a warrior crying for joy. You don't get to see that often.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TT was crying because of what was happening. AJ's emotion (there IS as difference) was uncontrolable.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
I have no problem with athletes crying after a game whether they win or lose as long as they played with emotion and left it all on the field. I didn't have an issue with Tim Tebow crying after the SECCG. My only knock on that was that it seemed like he walked to the sideline in a manner that made him more visible to the cameras. Don't get me wrong; I'm a Tebow fan. I love the way he plays the game and I appreciate his beliefs and the way he lives his life. Normally we are just used to seeing players sit on the bench and bury their head in their hands or cover their head with a towel when they get emotional like that.

This thread made me think about when my son played youth football and we had a teaching moment about crying. When he was seven years old, he got upset after his first game because he didn't think he got enough playing time. He was pouting and puffed up about it during the coaches post game talk. I told him that it was okay to be upset about wanting to get in more, but you celebrate with your team when you win. Everyone contributed and it's not all about you. Save the huffy puffy stuff for the car ride home. I told him to use it as motivation and from now on, treat each practice as your game. Go out and show the coaches that they can't afford not to put you on the field more. To his credit, he did exactly that and made starting middle LB about three games later.

The very next year his team lost the final game of the season in OT and missed the playoffs. It came down to a 4th & goal play from the two yard line and my son still swears that they stopped the QB short and that he moved the ball over the line under the pile :) , but the refs called it a TD. Needless to say, all of those kids were very emotional after the game, but there was no shame in it. They were outmatched and played their butts off that entire game only to come up just a bit short. Now I know that those were just kids and that is acceptable, but football is football and competition is competition whether you are 75lb kids or 285lb grown men colliding into each other. Football is fast and violent and I would much rather have a teammate that plays with emotion lined up next to me or blocking for me. Give me a Jarrett Johnson or a Ray Lewis any day!

Lil Bama Lady

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2006
Heflin, Alabama, United States
An Auburn fan met me at the door Monday morning at work saying that "your quarterback is a crybaby" to which I replied "he can cry all the way to Miami as long as he is winning. Roll Tide!" Pure raw uncontrollable emotion. My husband reminded me that AJ didn't cry after LOSING to LSU last year, but he did after BEATING them this year and that tells you something about the kid.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have no problem with athletes crying after a game whether they win or lose as long as they played with emotion and left it all on the field.
In the NFL, crying should be reserved for the most special occasion. A couple I can remember that hurt the players career was Slash when he was benched, and the player that coach Saban threw out of practice.

The NFL is most likely the most barbaric, racist and homophobic organization in the USA. But hey, our military is good to go! :)

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010
ryan stewart, had a syndicated talk show with his no talent brother, FIRED, then went back to atlanta to rejoin 790the zone with his no talent brother, FIRED AGAIN. met him once, real butthole. KARMA

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
We had our fun out of Tebow here on TideFans. Comes with the territory.
Speaking of poking fun at a kid crying, I certainly hope no one offended by this participated in poking fun at Tebow when he was emotional after the loss to us in 2009. Of course not. We're much too classy for that.
Agreed. I find it funny, that people were so quick to make fun of Tebow, but it's different because it's one of our own. :rolleyes:
Seriously. We had pages and pages of threads where people were laughing at Tebow for crying. Absurd.
Nice post. Chuckling at your sarcasm.

The hypocrisy of SEC fans, including (maybe even especially?) us Alabama fans, never ceases to amaze.
I was about to say the same thing. If I remember correctly Tebow got hammered for crying after that game. It's always different when it's *your* team or *your* quarterback.
I went back and looked at that thread and maybe some of you should also.

There seems to be some inference that this thread was just filled with many Tidefans members mocking Tebow for crying. That is absolutely FALSE. There are perhaps 3 or 4 posters (didn't really recognize the screen names as being long-time posters) that criticized Tebow for crying. There are perhaps 3 or 4 more that state that they don't really fault him for crying, but that it would have been better if he could have tried better to conceal his emotion. The VAST majority of posters in that thread were criticizing the posters that were taking glee in his display of emotions or were of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with it.

Perhaps some need to give a bit more credit to our fanbase and the members here. At least take the time to verify before you begin making general accusations.

If Ryan Stewart played for the Detroit Lions, I GUARANTEE you that he cried during that period. :wink:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Anybody remember Urban Cryer?

In my book, spilling tears after a win is a show of respect for the defeated opponent.

Crying after you've lost just reinforces the fact that you've just been beaten.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And whats your point? AJ is my friend
I made my point. My issue was with you referring to him as "this boy" that "came from the gutter".

He's on TV. He has a platform. He makes comments to get reactions just like the one you gave. But that "boy" is a married father of 2 boys and that "gutter" that he came from is known in other parts of the world as a 2 parent home in working class America.

Your reaction is what it is, and I'm sure that others share your disapproval at Ryan or anyone else poking fun at AJ. But I didn't personally care for the undertone in your choice of words.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I went back and looked at that thread and maybe some of you should also.

There seems to be some inference that this thread was just filled with many Tidefans members mocking Tebow for crying. That is absolutely FALSE. There are perhaps 3 or 4 posters (didn't really recognize the screen names as being long-time posters) that criticized Tebow for crying. There are perhaps 3 or 4 more that state that they don't really fault him for crying, but that it would have been better if he could have tried better to conceal his emotion. The VAST majority of posters in that thread were criticizing the posters that were taking glee in his display of emotions or were of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with it.

Perhaps some need to give a bit more credit to our fanbase and the members here. At least take the time to verify before you begin making general accusations.

If Ryan Stewart played for the Detroit Lions, I GUARANTEE you that he cried during that period. :wink:

You know what? You're exactly right. We're a classy bunch.

All that said....we're nowhere near as classy as these guys

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
People may not have done it openly on this board, but a lot of Bama fans had a field day w/Tebow crying. My thing is, we spend way too much time always being offended by what someone else says. Get over it. Don't like the guy? Don't watch/listen.
I don't mind AJ crying with emotion after a big win like that and I don't care what someone else says who doesn't like it. We, as a fan base and as a country, need to quit being so dang thin skinned.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
You know what? You're exactly right. We're a classy bunch.

All that said....we're nowhere near as classy as these guys

Two t-shirts that were probably produced by a company that has no ties to the Tide (possibly even no employees that are fans of the Tide... who knows where these companies are based or where they produce their screenprinted shirts?) other than paying a licensing fee to the NCAA to produce and sell shirts with some likeness of entity that is affiliated with the football team and a single sign held up at gameday is enough for you to paint an entire fanbase with a tainting brush?

I think that overall, we are a classy bunch. There's going to be a few bad apples in any bunch, but we could spend a bit more time admiring and enjoying the good apples than tossing the entire bunch based on the bad ones. There's not another group of fans that I'd rather be around anywhere in the world. I've met some great fans from other schools and I've heard a lot more fans from other schools compliment Alabama fans for their friendliness and good nature than I've heard denigrate us. So I don't think that we're nearly as bad as some seem to infer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.