****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Is this a watershed moment for Bama? Is this the last time Bama competes for a title for several years? I'm not saying it is, but this 5 year stretch has been amazing and much longer than any one else's in the modern era.
No. And I respond with confidence based on our coaching staff, recruiting process and player development. We won't compete for the BCS Title every year but I fully expect to compete for the SEC Title regularly. Not saying we'll play in Atlanta every December but the CNS process is established and implemented as designed. We'll continue to lose coaches periodicaly but I have full confidence we'll attract quality replacements. I sometimes question Coach Nuss' play calling, as I did McElwain, but I have no idea of the reasoning involved in doing so. There are always underlying circumstances and situations we as fans don't know or see.

It's great to be a Bama Fan!

RTR!!!

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well. It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well.
I've always been told by players and coaches that you run what the opponent doesn't expect. While the run was working well, A&M expected it, so Nuss (and probably CNS to an extent) went with the pass to catch them off guard.

It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?
AJ's injury.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I've always been told by players and coaches that you run what the opponent doesn't expect. While the run was working well, A&M expected it, so Nuss (and probably CNS to an extent) went with the pass to catch them off guard.
That's conventional wisdom, but it's never really been true. Teams have always played primarily to their strengths. Check out the Patriots when they had Randy Moss - they didnt' decide to run the ball every play just because it's was unexpected? How about the wishbone days at Alabama? Nebraska in the 90s?

In fact the Nebaska games against UT & UF in the 90's are a prime example. UF and UT knew they were going to run and they couldn't stop it. The same with UF vs LSU this year.

The only time teams rely on the "unexpected" is when the offense wouldn't be succesful any other way. That wasn't the case in either the LSU or the TAMU game.

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
we didn't play our best and they did, but if the refs make the right call on the helmet hit to aj, we win. that's the truth
The no call on that brutal helmet hit to Lacy - esp after we'd been called for a far less significant one - sure didn't help things either.

And major props to Eddie for having had returned to play...

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I can't explain it...
Maybe if JF hadn't gotten hurt, they're still running out of the I and not abandoning the run game as much. I also think that Bama would have benefitted playing TAM in Sept. the same way it benefitted UF. They're not clicking in Sept. as they are now.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Assuming that we were all surprised by the reliance on the pass, I would imagine that A&M was probably caught off guard as well. It then begs the question, why were we unable to consistently complete a pass when we needed it?
I wonder there at the end of the game if Norwood would have been in wouldn't it have helped, I think it would have made a big difference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.