****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
atm played a very inspired game. bama was flat. we were not making many changes to our offensive plan. we got figured out. somehow we think we. can pass all over these guys, and we forgot they were from big12. too many mistakes on our part. we are still on our way to a great season. the young players got a great learning experience.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Need an SEC Championship. Coach has work to do to get this team to focus and finish up strong.

A&M played lights out and Bama turned the ball over. I thought Bama had it won after the Bell reception on the 6 and do not believe A&M could stop Bama from going 6 yards in 4 running plays but who knows?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As bad as it feels to lose..It still feels even better to be a fan of "The Crimson Tide" though..We have so much to be proud of..Our Boys need our support as they can still win the SEC..

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
Saban on TV now for press conference. He blames himself and not having the team ready. He said there are a lot of lessions to be learned here and the team still has a lot they can accomplish. He said two NC he won had teams with 1 loss. He said he was concerned about this week and said the team "seemed like they were out of gas".

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
How about our 3 turnovers? aTm didn't turn the ball over once.

Turnover ratio is very important in football

or how about we couldn't get off the field on 3rd down?

if your defense can't stop 3rd down conversions, high probability you're gonna lose

or the 400 yds we gave up on defense...again?

or the 165 rushing yards we allowed?

All more valid reasons for losing this game than any ref call/non call
I agree with all of this but you HAVE to call that nasty helmet to helmet on Lacy. That was very bad officiating.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
re officiating...i think the point is that a call here or there would have made a difference in the game...as poorly as the team played, only lost by five...so it wouldn't have taken much for the game to be in the win column...however, moot point if don't turn the ball over and playing calling geared to controlling the game, not seeing how many passes can be throw

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
atm played a very inspired game. bama was flat. we were not making many changes to our offensive plan. we got figured out. somehow we think we. can pass all over these guys, and we forgot they were from big12. too many mistakes on our part. we are still on our way to a great season. the young players got a great learning experience.
The second one on our QB near the goal line. If you're not going to call it there, it should never be called...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
First, congrats to aTm. They are well coached and played a very good game.
Second, we should have tried to run the ball more. I think we can all agree on that.
Third, this is going to be something that many of you will disagree with but I will state it anyway. Something that I've observed every year under CNS is that with our physical style of play we are beat up at this point in the season. Every year we are struggling at this point in the season and playing down to the level of our opponents. The difference is that we normally finish out with MSU, eastern popcorn state, and AU which we usually beat but usually is more of a struggle than it should be. This year aTm caught us at the right time. They have a lot of speed and they were able to utilize it against us. We have looked tired and slow for the past couple of games. I'm not criticizing our coaches or philosophy but I do think we need to tweak some things so that we don't beat ourselves up in an attempt to beat up everyone else. Flame away.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Usually I'd be in your corner, but when a helmet to helmet blow on the QB on the 2 yard line with time running out isn't called, it does kind of affect the game.
I agree that it could've been called, but if we cannot find a way to score from the two in a do or die situation with a potential championship on the line, then we do not deserve to win. Refs didn't help our cause, but we put ourselves in a position to take refs out of the game.

Congrats A&M on a game well played, you guys had it and we didn't, simple as that in my mind.

3 tide tats

1st Team
Apr 3, 2006
Lee "freakin" County!!!
we lost I hope we get help like last year if not.... We only had one place to go that is off the top of the mountain and tonight we were beat we lost. It is not coaching or a certain play or any individual player we lost is all. True champions keep there heads high!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember we are ALABAMA and others only can dream of doing what we have the last few years..... TBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
With all these no huddle offenses now, this is just something you have to learn to defend. Maybe this will give plenty of film to Saban for the future.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Saban on TV now for press conference. He blames himself and not having the team ready. He said there are a lot of lessions to be learned here and the team still has a lot they can accomplish. He said two NC he won had teams with 1 loss. He said he was concerned about this week and said the team "seemed like they were out of gas".
I agree. Hangover from last week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.