****Official Post-Game Thread - Bama vs. aTm****

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
My kingdom for Jalston Fowler. I didn't mind the passing throighout the game when I assume TAMU was loading the box. You can't whine about calling pass plays with AJ if you were touting him after his incredible drive at LSU. But at the end I was hollering for 1-4 handoffs to Jesse Williams. Injuries (eg Fowler) truly do make or break a championship season.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Was looking at twitter and Brent Calloway tweeting that it wasn't Tyler Hayes fault that we lost? Did I miss something? What was his mistake?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Well guys, I just boil this game down to "It just wasn't meant to be." The last two weeks the opposing team's quarterbacks have had career days. Making perfect throws, converting third down conversions like candy being handed out on Halloween. Over the last two games the third down conversion percentage for our opponents have been unreal. I know our defense ain't what it was last year. But it ain't that bad. I told a bama friend of mine as the game wound down. "Its almost like the football gods are fighting against us." It's tough to keep winning. We've won 2 out of the last 3 national titles. We've got a chance to win out and win the SEC Championship and play in a great bowl game. Nothing to be ashamed about. But our team looked worn out and it looked like it was just our time to lose.

Last edited:

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well guys, I just boil this game down to "It just wasn't meant to be." The last two weeks the opposing team's quarterbacks have had career days. Making perfect throws, converting third down conversions like candy being handed out on Halloween. Over the last two games the third down conversion percentage for our opponents have been unreal. I know our defense ain't what it was last year. But it ain't that bad. I told a bama friend of mine as the game wound down. "Its almost like the football gods are fighting against us." It's tough to keep winning. We've won 2 out of the last 3 national titles. We've got a chance to win out and win the SEC Championship and play in a great bowl game. Nothing to be ashamed about. But our team looked worn out and it looked like it was just our time to lose.
Exactly..Would love for us to win the SEC this go around..Our Boys needs our support..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I think that CNS made a huge, huge mistake by not just running the ball continuously to wear out our defense. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he was thinking.
Seemed pretty basic to me, but who knows? Maybe the chance for a 10 yard pass play was worth eschewing a consistent 4-8 yard run play.............:mad2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think that CNS made a huge, huge mistake by not just running the ball continuously to wear out our defense. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out what he was thinking. If the stars align, then perhaps you and Oregon will get to play in the MNC and take away some valuable lessons from this game and win the title for Bama and the SEC. Thank God that A&M is no longer in that atrocity known as the Big 12, I'm thrilled to be in an actual football conference with great fans across the board...(well, maybe I should leave out L$U because I loathe them).
None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of us expected...

Last edited:

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Ah that makes sense. Didn't realize it was him that jumped. But none the less, that's not why we lost and I hope the kid somehow can forget about it.
Definitely not and a bad call IMO anyway. I wasn't calling him out but apparently some in the twitter world must have been and thus the other players coming to his defense.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of use expected...
What makes it harder for me to get is the fact that AJ is playing hurt. He has been very inconsistent and missed many wide open passes, yet it seems the gameplan the last two games is to put it on AJ's back.

Then you have the defensive problems...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What makes it harder for me to get is the fact that AJ is playing hurt. He has been very inconsistent and missed many wide open passes, yet it seems the gameplan the last two games is to put it on AJ's back.

Then you have the defensive problems...
I can't explain it...

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN
I have to admit that there's something wrong with the way our defense is executing on a lot of plays. There are a lot more missed tackles than there were at the start of the season. It sure seems like our guys haven't been fast enough to really catch the QB on most pressure packages. They just look tired and maybe a little complacent. On offense, I cannot believe that we're not running the ball up their gut more often early in the game. Power football is how we've worn out teams all season and it just seems like suddenly we've switched to trying to play finesse. It's enough that the room full of non-Bama fans even commented on it. We'll still finish well. I think this was probably the wake up call we needed. The Georgia game won't be easy, but we have some time to prepare for that one and while we can't look past the next two games, we don't have to spend too much time preparing for those. We can use that time to figure out what's going wrong and fix it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's a cinch we can't spot fast paced teams 20 points and play catch up right now.
We are too banged up for speedy teams, or physical teams...
We needed to be able to run the ball, and take pressure off of AJ,
but I'm convinced that our two backs are worn out and injured.
AJ has been playing injured. His throwing motion and accuracy are off.
Our receivers are playing injured. Our OL and DL are playing injured.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Roll Tide anyway. Bama team is tired and injury-depleted. The refs didn't help matters. aTm was ready to play. Bama was undisciplined on defense and AGAIN got away from the bread-and-butter run game when it was working. Proud of CNS for putting this on himself. Sounded like another great coach from days gone by. I'm pretty out of it today, being down with pneumonia...seems like a bad dream. Here's pulling for every team Oregon, ND, and kSU play from here on out. Just want Bama to win out either way. Roll Tide.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Comforting myself with the fact the we really are thin and injured in a lot of spots. Not sure we would have held up in any event down the stretch.

Now off to teach a morning of Romans - now there's a real problem....

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
None of us have figured that out yet. Every time the run game started to make good progress, we backed off and tried to pass instead. It was not the game plan most of us expected...
And the unfortunate fact that AJ didn't play up to his normal standards due to injury, fatigue or other reason made for a tough combination.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Is this a watershed moment for Bama? Is this the last time Bama competes for a title for several years? I'm not saying it is, but this 5 year stretch has been amazing and much longer than any one else's in the modern era.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If I'm being honest...if we were to get out with a win...and went on to play Oregon, we'd be abused. Let's face it. We aren't where we have been in the past with cover skills. We cannot get consistent pressure from our ends and thus we stunt with backers and DB's leaving us a bit exposed.
We still have a lot to play for.
Yeah, well I think that is a load because 1) you have a month off and didn't play freaking LSU in DV the week before and. 2) giving CNS a month to scheme for one offense is a BIG difference. Also they use a run-spread like Fl did. If Chiznik can figure it out I would like our chances.

I think people (not most here) tend to forget just how much the defense lost from last year. These guys are young and I think they have done a helluva job. Belue was growing up right before our eyes. They got ZERO help from the offense early on.

I'm not giving up on the guys and am looking forward to an iron bowl and hopefully a trip to neuter the dawgs.

BTW- I think USC and lane Kiffin might be our bestest buddies in 3 weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.