Congrats Texas A&M for a heckuva victory.

tmv85

All-SEC
He'll be playing for us for the next 3 seasons (after this one). I have to tip my hat to you guys, I was lurking on the game thread and you all handled yourselves with nothing but class. Bama has been my 2nd favorite team behind A&M, but I'm certainly glad that I found this board. You all have a ton of football knowledge! It was refreshing to see a fan base like yours handle the game and the loss as graciously as you did. My hats off to you and your team! Thank you all again for letting Aggies, including myself, post on your board. I truly hope that you all still find your way to the MNC and win it all!
I think Bama fans everywhere will pray diligently that Mr. Manziel goes pro after his junior year. :) I've been impressed with him all season. I swear, I think he must grease up before the game because no one could seem to hold on to him. Good luck with your next couple of games.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Gameplan is shock and awe in Q1, results in insurmountable lead over most teams. After that, aTm played moderately well and our defense really stepped up, especially Fulton's pass breakups. Could have hoped for a bit more O, and had enough chances to win. Still playing for SEC championship, excellent bowl game, NC game not absolutely impossible.

Second straight week we lost 3rd-down battle, time of possession, and turnovers. Eventually that catches up with you. Onward.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Congrats to A&M. They played a heck of a game and unfortunately, Alabama did not play mistake free football like they needed to do. Wish we had got them at the beginning of the season while they were still implementing the new system. RTR
Would have settled for switching next week's opponent with this one and playing the Aggies after a respite from LSU bruiser

I agree with all that was said. I'm obviously disappointed with the result, but we got beat by the team that played the better game. Sumlin really impressed me with his preparation, and Manziel is a monster. He is like that fighter that just always seems to move at the right time and you never can get a direct shot on him. I wondered about some of our play calling, but I'm not second guessing it, they know more about that stuff than I do. I thought we looked like a mentally tired football team considering what all has happened in the past 7 days. With all that said, Roll Tide and let's still get to Atlanta and win the SEC!

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
My fedora tip to the Aggies as well. Proud of our guys for their fight despite being down 20 in the 1Q!!! RTR!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I agree with all that was said. I'm obviously disappointed with the result, but we got beat by the team that played the better game. Sumlin really impressed me with his preparation, and Manziel is a monster. He is like that fighter that just always seems to move at the right time and you never can get a direct shot on him. I wondered about some of our play calling, but I'm not second guessing it, they know more about that stuff than I do. I thought we looked like a mentally tired football team considering what all has happened in the past 7 days. With all that said, Roll Tide and let's still get to Atlanta and win the SEC!
I agree with your post. I am pulling for Kansas State, ND and Oregon to lose a game so we can hopefully get back in the picture.

I felt the Bama OFFENSE would need to control the ball for nearly 40 minutes today. That's the opposite of what we did last week with our offense having the ball for 20 minutes and 15 seconds. The Aggies had the ball for 32+ minutes. We could have still won. I would have liked to see us run the ball on 1st down on that last drive. On the last play how about a TE going to the left in the end zone as an option to having no one open. instead of us focusing only on the right side with #7 and #9. Also, #9 was more open than #7 on the 4th down.

Well, Swope had the game of his life. That #13 wide receiver is a hoss: 6'5" 220! The way that he stretched for 1st downs carrying our DB's. We need one built like him.

Manziel won my Heisman vote. He did not make mistakes in this game like he did against LSU. He has improved. He seems to be a cocky guy. I guess that's what you need in a QB.

When I watched the A & M vs Louisiana Tech game earlier, I never thought that our D would have this kind of trouble with Manziel. I only wish he was a Senior! He is going to be real tough for 3 more years and Aggie recruiting is going to get even better. I really wish they could play the Longhorns in a bowl.

It appears that they were sky high for this game. I guess when you are playing the #1 team it's that way. You are a target for a motivated team and they seemed really motivated. I guess the Aggies made the RIGHT hire in selecting Coach Sumlin. They may have to raise his salary after this win.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Manziel is on a roll, it's unbelievable how poised he is as a freshman.
Also, very few QBs can hurt you with the run that bad and also turn around and pass the ball with accuracy, he made some great throws.
Really hard to defend a guy like that, especially the first time you face him.

Still think we blew the game on offense with the turnovers, but i do tip my hat to them, they played a very good mistake free game.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
BOO HISS--he had just made two great plays and deserved to celebrate--never got in anyones face--seen Eddie do same
Those are penalties. Doesn't matter if you get in anyone's face.
Obviously his antics did not win or lose the game for anyone, but IMO he definitely toed the line very very close on what should be tolerated without a penalty being thrown.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Big win for Kevin Sumlin. Looks like he will now be at AM for a while, and we will have to contend with this O going forward. And while the loss really hurts, I'm happy for Coach Stallings--I have a feeling that this game really meant a lot to him.

Give em credit, A&M came to play and they played all night. They're going to fit in around here. I think we will learn from this and still have a great year. Gotta give Fulton credit for hanging with Evans the last half of the game. He done real good for being so outsized...

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I agree. Great win for Texas A&M, both for players and coaching staff. Manziel is deserving of the name, Johnny Football, especially being a freshman.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
Please close this thread. aTm sux!!!!!!!
Very classy. If you like to think you win with class then lose with more.

aTm was the better team on the day, so if aTm sux what does that say about Bama....

Bama can still have great season and win the SEC.

Bama is the better overall team but Manziel was the better QB, Swope the best WR, and Aggie D outplayed Bama D.

Time to pound Barn and UGA and win the Sugar Bowl, if not BCS NC game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.