Question: Tiredness and mental fatigue?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Why does it seem to effect us more? The Aggies haven't had an open date all year. Honest question since we have had this happen the past few years about this time.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Really think its more about injuries. When is the last time we've had this many people either out for the year or hurt so bad they can hardly play a full game?

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Because we have been #1 all year. Defending champs. The measuring stick for the nation. The biggest game on every one's schedule. One loss = disappointing season. All of these things amount to so much pressure. Not many teams have to deal with that.

BAMAFEVER50

1st Team
Aug 17, 2008
MOODY, AL
Seems like an excuse to me. I think it is what makes or breaks Champion. Last year everyone had an open date before us. There are certain offenses that give us more trouble and a certain QB played lights out. Those guys must prepare for us as well and I am sure that is no small task.

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010
Seems like an excuse to me. I think it is what makes or breaks Champion. Last year everyone had an open date before us. There are certain offenses that give us more trouble and a certain QB played lights out. Those guys must prepare for us as well and I am sure that is no small task.

if the refs call helmet to helmet on the aj run, it was there, we win. truth

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Not saying we would have won, but dang it, we dit NOT jump at the end of the game on that punt. The ref's team did.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't think this is anything different than what we've seen over the past few years. We always seem to hit a wall every year around this time. The difference is that normally we finish up with MSU, eastern popcorn state, and then Auburn, ie lesser talented teams and this time we faced a talented, inspired team that used their speed to spread out the field and we struggled to keep up all game.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Yes, if we had played A&M earlier in the year when we were clicking on all cylinders and not the week after LSU at the end of the year, we would not have lost.

TideHiFlyer

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2012
A, A
and the fan's.
Bingo! AJ said as much in an previous interview from earlier in the week during the game. Bama players are under enormous pressure to win especially AJ. I think its gotten to AJ a bit. Has a small case of the "yips". Can relax a little next weekend with W Carolina and regroup. We'll be fine.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Then I guess this team proved to not be a championship team. No big deal. Looked what we've accomplished over the last three years. We've still got a lot to play for. I want an SEC Championship. That still should mean a lot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.