ESPN's Brad Edwards Predicts No BCS for BAMA

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
I am going to go ahead and say this right now. 1. USC will beat Notre Dame. 2. Neither Oregon or Kansas State have a "garenteed" win there next two games, Texas has at least somewhat of a chance against Kansas State. 3. Oregon has a tough one against Oregon State in the Civil War game. Oregon has to stay alert against them, Oregon State will not be a push over.
Oregon has toughest path, KState the easiest. With the way ND is playing now, one would think USC would beat them but ND has done what it takes to win every time so far.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
ESPN has joined the ranks of news media groups who try to influence the news instead of reporting on it. This is why I say I hate ESPN and what they've done to college football yet some of you think it's great.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
If we don't get some things figured out, I think he is right. This is three straight years where we have painful losses in November. LSU and Auburn in 2010, LSU in 2011, and now ATM beats us in 2012, and in all honesty we deserved to lose to LSU last week. We have more talent and depth than any team in America, so we shouldn't be the ones who play like we are tired. Maybe we need to start the fourth quarter conditioning program in February instead of January. Who knows?

I hope our guys get fired up and have a little fun the next few weeks. Maybe we won't look and play so tight if we just let it rip out there. The national title hopes are probably gone, but, ironically enough, we can still win more games than we won last year and get an SEC title in the process. A 13-1 record with an SEC title is still a fantastic season if we can pull it off. Who knows what will happen in college football, two of the three unbeatens may lose, and we would be right there waiting to catch a flight to Miami. The November swoon we seem to suffer from is definitely disappointing, but this season can still be great. Roll Tide!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If we don't get some things figured out, I think he is right. This is three straight years where we have painful losses in November. LSU and Auburn in 2010, LSU in 2011, and now ATM beats us in 2012, and in all honesty we deserved to lose to LSU last week. We have more talent and depth than any team in America, so we shouldn't be the ones who play like we are tired. Maybe we need to start the fourth quarter conditioning program in February instead of January. Who knows?

I hope our guys get fired up and have a little fun the next few weeks. Maybe we won't look and play so tight if we just let it rip out there. The national title hopes are probably gone, but, ironically enough, we can still win more games than we won last year and get an SEC title in the process. A 13-1 record with an SEC title is still a fantastic season if we can pull it off. Who knows what will happen in college football, two of the three unbeatens may lose, and we would be right there waiting to catch a flight to Miami. The November swoon we seem to suffer from is definitely disappointing, but this season can still be great. Roll Tide!
pre season and early season injuries took away a lot of our superior depth and talent. our fourth quarter conditioning program is the main reason we were in a position to win the last two games after getting pushed around the field.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
pre season and early season injuries took away a lot of our superior depth and talent. our fourth quarter conditioning program is the main reason we were in a position to win the last two games after getting pushed around the field.
I am fully aware of our conditioning program's importance, but if it were perfect we wouldn't have been "getting pushed around the field." Those are your words. Even with our injuries, there isn't a coach in the country who wouldn't like to have our depth and talent. The simple fact is that we have been outplayed the last two weeks, and I am not going to use the "we were tired" excuse when other teams have the same issues. Anyway, we still have a lot to play for and even a chance at still sneaking into the national title game. Roll Tide, brother.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am fully aware of our conditioning program's importance, but if it were perfect we wouldn't have been "getting pushed around the field." Those are your words. Even with our injuries, there isn't a coach in the country who wouldn't like to have our depth and talent. The simple fact is that we have been outplayed the last two weeks, and I am not going to use the "we were tired" excuse when other teams have the same issues. Anyway, we still have a lot to play for and even a chance at still sneaking into the national title game. Roll Tide, brother.
Nice post and I agree. If we re-discover the ground game we win another SEC title and whatever is to follow.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Nice post and I agree. If we re-discover the ground game we win another SEC title and whatever is to follow.
The rest of the country wants another SEC win about as much as they want Jimmy Johnson to win another Sprint Cup "The Chase" Cup. It's getting old and they want their conference against another weaker conference :)

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
During most of the season, I was salivating at the prospect of playing UGA. but as a result of our last two games I must admit that some trepidation has set in.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he ranks by his BCS projections not his thoughts on who will win future games. UGA will likely be #4 this week which is good for us. If we can beat UGA in Atlanta and ND and KSU fall, Alabama will be #2 when it counts.

If past Novembers are any indication, we still have a great shot at the championship if we just win out.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
A lot of people seem to think we are the only school with great coaches, players, and recruits. We are not the only team with an off season work out schedule. There are many good football programs outside of Tuscaloosa. Let's give them all some credit. I still believe Alabama is the best program and team in the country, but on a given day there a some teams that can beat us. Yesterday was one of those days. Vegas still has us as the favorite over any team in the country on a neutral field. We are still a good team, one loss doesn't change that. We need to appreciate what we have now, enjoy the rest of the season, and see how it plays out. Our season is not over. Roll Tide.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
During most of the season, I was salivating at the prospect of playing UGA. but as a result of our last two games I must admit that some trepidation has set in.
Dunno why...dawgs aren't like either the who's or the giggers. They do not have anywhere near the defense the who's do. Stop their run and they are done. Ask Spurrier.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
First someone mentioned our depth which is more of a concern because of several factors. When we have had the injuries we have and I see so many freshman and RS freshman on the field you have to think that is not what the coaches want. Our best WR is a freshman. Probably our best RB is as well. Our DL has RS freshman playing a lot. I think our future is bright but right now we seem to luggin wholes in our lineup with players in some cases not ready.

In regards to getting another shot I think we have a better shot than last year. Hate to say but UA and UGA fans are probably both pulling for Kiffin. I do not think ND can beat USC at USC. Kiffin gets up for the big games. I mean Oregon had to put up 60+ to beat USC and is headed to another showdown possibly with them at the Rose Bowl(homefield for USC) for the Pac12 CG. UA and UGA should both be 4 & 5 in the new BCS. How far behind ND will be telling. KSU does play the weekend we play in Atlanta against Texas and ND does not. I think it unlikey a 1 loss SEC team could jump 2 teams in the BCS but 1 undefeated I would not be surprised. If ND drops to USC the SECCG will have the #3 & #4 teams playing and I believe the winner jumps the #2 team in the BCS. JMO. Not to mention with aTm moving up there could be atleast 4 other teams in the top 10 of the BCS. 6 of the top 10 makes the computers like us and will give the SECC a huge bump. The fact the AP currently has us at 4th ahead of UGA is already in our favor.

We still have to finish strong, including beating AU to get to Atlanta. Dont forget LSU struggled against AU and it is the Iron Bowl. We will also have to beat UGA who has the talent to beat anyone in the country. But I like our chances better this year than last. Just saying.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
We will play for it! Let's see the other teams with a bulls-eye on their back and the pressure that goes along with being #1 The stars will realign and our tide will find it's place & time!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.