Game Thread: Oregon vs Cal

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
45-17 now. Guess it was a tall order to think a 3-win team could beat the Ducks! Holding out for Stanford, Oregon St, or USC/UCLA in the Pac-12 CG. Still don't think they go undefeated.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
One of our coaches needs to ride out to Oregon and see what they do to keep the offensive intensity they have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
45-17 now. Guess it was a tall order to think a 3-win team could beat the Ducks! Holding out for Stanford, Oregon St, or USC/UCLA in the Pac-12 CG. Still don't think they go undefeated.
Well.., they didnt play well into late in the game. If they would have played USC like that Oregon would have lost.

Crimson_Star

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 16, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Well, I really wanted to post something about how if your starting QB, RB and FS all went down with injuries you should probably ease off the pedal a bit.

But it's hard to argue with results. Oregon's QB threw most of his 377 yards and 6 tds after his shoulder injury.

I'll admit, I thought we matched up decently against Oregon regardless of the past few games since Oregon had been such a run-oriented spread offense to this point. But after Cal loaded up on the run, Oregon smoked them through the air, and well... they've got my vote as best team in the country.

OreGUN Ducks

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 23, 2012
Mountain View, CA
Well, I really wanted to post something about how if your starting QB, RB and FS all went down with injuries you should probably ease off the pedal a bit.

But it's hard to argue with results. Oregon's QB threw most of his 377 yards and 6 tds after his shoulder injury.

I'll admit, I thought we matched up decently against Oregon regardless of the past few games since Oregon had been such a run-oriented spread offense to this point. But after Cal loaded up on the run, Oregon smoked them through the air, and well... they've got my vote as best team in the country.
That's probably the biggest difference from last year's team -- now, we actually have a Quarterback that's actually a passing Quarterback. Darron Thomas was good enough, but we were one of the only programs that recruited him as a QB. LSU offered him as a Wideout, for example.

Our defense is still our achilles heel, even though it's much improved from last year. Hopefully we can get our starting defensive line healthy and back on the field. While we don't have any mega hole-pluggers like you guys, we really missed starters like Dion Jordan and Isaac Remington on our d-line tonight, who are excellent pass rushers.

If we're good enough to win out, hopefully you guys can jump K-State after the SEC title game and we can have another PAC-SEC matchup. Playing/beating a non-SEC team in the NCG would seem almost meaningless.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's probably the biggest difference from last year's team -- now, we actually have a Quarterback that's actually a passing Quarterback. Darron Thomas was good enough, but we were one of the only programs that recruited him as a QB. LSU offered him as a Wideout, for example.

Our defense is still our achilles heel, even though it's much improved from last year. Hopefully we can get our starting defensive line healthy and back on the field. While we don't have any mega hole-pluggers like you guys, we really missed starters like Dion Jordan and Isaac Remington on our d-line tonight, who are excellent pass rushers.

If we're good enough to win out, hopefully you guys can jump K-State after the SEC title game and we can have another PAC-SEC matchup. Playing/beating a non-SEC team in the NCG would seem almost meaningless.
And didn't you guys lose another d-lineman to injury last night?

If so, it's pretty impressive to still win 59-17 with your line depleted like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.