The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- the tipping of my hat has to go to Johnny Manziel. What a fantastically talented football player!

The Bad- Mistakes, mistakes mistakes.... I can't go into any detail or I will get banned.

The Ugly- How I felt for most of the game, but especially on Bama's last red zone series. I was elated that we were driving and held an undeserved chance to yet again snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. I did not understand the continued attempts at passing against a team who we were gouging for 4-5 yards per carry. Yet, I was oh so hopeful on the 4th and 2 that we would find a way. That INT made my heart sink. The offside penalty presented bile in my mouth.

PS- I really didn't want to start this rendition of the good, bad, and ugly... however, Bama fans are ever nostalgic for tradition and so am I.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The Bad - our in stadium fans. Over half won't cheer when our defense needed them in the first quarter. Or they yell when we are on offense at the end of the game.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Don't usually post on TGBU thread but here goes;

The Good - Pressure is off now. Hopefully we can just play loose and have some fun from here on out.

The Bad - Offensive play calling. I just don't understand the last series. Never will.

The Ugly - Turnovers. Two INT's and a fumble happened at critical points. (But then again there is no GOOD point for TO's) And then there was the "ALMOST" interception with the heel touching the sideline. Ugliest offensive performance I've seen since ULM '07.

RTR!!!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Good: still have a chance at a great season, and that Johnny guy is pretty dang good

Bad: playcalling on that last drive

Ugly: the barn (again)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The good- We got off the deck and showed some fight after apparently forgeting what time the game started.

The bad- We keep making little mistakes that a championship level team shouldn't make.

The ugly- We go away from our strength when the game is on the line.

Let's regroup and finish strong.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
The Good: SNASS, the barn is winless in the SEC. Tennessee is winless in the SEC. Bama still remains among the elete in the country.
The Bad: We can't maintain success with both the ground and passing. When one aspect has success, the other seems to suffer.
The Ugly: We no longer control our destiny in the race for the crystal ball.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Good - the guys didn't let a big deficit get to them and fought back to have a chance to win.
Bad - minus 3 in turnover margin.
Ugly - play calling defied logic.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
The Bad - our in stadium fans. Over half won't cheer when our defense needed them in the first quarter. Or they yell when we are on offense at the end of the game.
Funny, though, aTm's OT Luke Joeckel said that the crowd was the loudest he's ever heard. Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports used the first line of his article to comment on how loud the crowd was. I guess everyone but Bama fans are impressed with the atmosphere at Bryant-Denny.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Were you there? I was and this is just not true.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So true. I was there, and it was crazy loud. I think our fans did a great job. Our team had a chance to win, but just came up short. I am a little upset that I dished out $200.00 for a ticket, and we lost. This was the first game I've been to that we have lost. It is not a good feeling.

Last edited:

tmv85

All-SEC
Were you there? I was and this is just not true.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Maybe it depended on which section of the stadium you were in. Where I was, it was loud the first couple of times A&M was on offense. Then it seemed to only get loud when they were on 3rd down. I know I did my part, and I have the voice to prove it. Well, I actually DON'T have the voice to prove it. Hahaha

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
The Good: This team plays until the end and NEVER gives up on a game.

The Bad: Failing to wrap up on defense. Hurt us last week. Killed us yesterday.

The Ugly: Abandoning our run game when everything was on the line and we had gouged them for over 4 yards/carry. We lost our identity yesterday afternoon.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
The Good: Despite getting behind 20-0, the guys fought hard and never gave up.
The Bad: Way too many 3 and outs. Kept our wounded "D" on the field too long too many times.
The UGLY: Did not like the 4th down call at the end of the game. Not much margin for error. He was covered and AJ had to force it

TexasRebel

Nov 6, 2012
From the other side:

G: The atmosphere and the game. The atmosphere seemed amazing last night (even while watching on TV) Not typical of games I've watched. We'll call this payback for Fran, but you still owe a little for Bryant :wink:.

B: It's one of those self defeating situations. No Aggie could want a TAMU loss just to leave an SECw team undefeated (especially in year 1. There was more on the line last night for us than just one game). We know what happened yesterday, but that's the mess that is the BCS. All of the Aggies I know are behind Alabama taking the title this year, personally, I hate to think we messed that up.

U: The officiating was bad. Not completely lopsided like we finally got away from, just bad both ways. Seeing a flag fly is like entering the lottery. Most of the time you have no idea what the call is going to be based on what has and has not been called previously in the game. My dream is for just one game, one, where nobody notices the officials.

maybe next year the cycle will reverse. TAMU > LSU, LSU > 'Bama, 'Bama > TAMU...
of course... then it'll be tradition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.