Faster tempo offense question. Causing confusion?

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
Will Coach Saban figure out a way to stop the fast tempo offense ?

I think before next year, possibly by our bowl game or BCSNCG, he will have an answer that our players can execute. We looked confused sometimes Saturday. I know it would help alot if the offense had stayed on the field more than they have the last two games. Given time he WILL figure it out.

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
Re: Will Coach Saban figure out a way to stop the fast tempo offense ?

The main thing you can do is knock out first downs, keep their offense on the bench and wear out their defense none of which we really did. It would also help if we could hit their QB every now and then to get him thinking. We didn't do that either. I'd just say there is already a pretty good gameplan for beating this type of offense but we didn't execute it unfortunately. :mad2:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

The easiest way to keep a fast paced offense in check is to keep them off the field. We can do that by pounding with the run game, sustaining drives, and eating clock, it's that simple.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

Put LBs at DE and Safties at OLB. More speed overall. The main thing is to disrupt tempo. If anyone knows, Coach knows.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL

We did a fine job against the fast paced offense in the last 3 Quarters against A&M, just took us a little too long to get going. We have the personnel, the gameplan, and now the experience against it, I'm not worried about facing a fast paced offense in the future, if anything, I'm hoping for the opportunity soon so that our players can prove to everyone who on TV and in the media who now says that they are slow wrong. I'm hoping for the chance to do that against Oregon, to be exact...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

We yielded 9 points in 3 quarters after getting shell shocked in the 1st quarter, so CNS did agreat job of adjusting. I have no doubt that he will learn from this game and have even more answers next time. In the offseason, TAMU scheduled directly after LSU didn't seem like a big deal, but it ended up it being a HUGE deal.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You look down the forum at the threads and you wonder, "How much longer can it go on?" ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Put LBs at DE and Safties at OLB. More speed overall. The main thing is to disrupt tempo. If anyone knows, Coach knows.
I was thinking the same last night. Put our "DEs" at the DT and put Hubbard and Dickson at DE. Have CJ at MLB with Perry or Vinnie playing more of a LB role.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

I was thinking the same last night. Put our "DEs" at the DT and put Hubbard and Dickson at DE. Have CJ at MLB with Perry or Vinnie playing more of a LB role.
I think Saban said in his press conference that they did that at least as far as the defensive line. Said the goal was to get the fastest guys on the defensive line.

As someone else mentioned it seemed not covering the slot was a huge problem that was fixed but after massive damaged was done. From my eye we usually have a lb drop and a safety/corner close and him and make the QB throw it into a tight window. Unfortunately Manziel was incredibly accurate and the receivers were catching everything.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.