We are not out of it yet

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Just my two cents A non SEC team has not taken home the crystal football since Vince Young engineered that miracle come back against USC in 2005.That was a lifetime or two ago.The media wants the SEC's reign to end, and with no undefeated SEC teams left, and with 2011 having had an all SEC national title game, well, that is going to work against us big time. Just my take.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I know good and well we can lose to anyone, but I refuse to believe that we're incapable of beating Georgia. Hope the team gets its head on straight and we take care of business the next three weeks.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
After going to the SECCG we will need a very Big win there for any kind of chance. Bama can not play API or GA like they did Saturday.
Not really. It doesn't matter if we win the SECCG by one point or by 20. If 2 out of the 3 above us don't lose then we're out of the picture, regardless of what happens in the SECCG. If 2 of them lose then we're in. It's not a complicated scenario and how any of this happens is of little consequence.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I know everyone will get a laugh out of his, but said differently we need to worry about beating au.
Well, I will say this. A loss to them would never be lived down by us. It would be WAY worse than punt Bama punt or 28-27. Some are starting to think that the barn has a chance against us simply because we lost to aTm. Not so. They have no SEC wins this season, and they are not going to get it together enough to even hang with us in two weeks.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I want to be optimistic but I just don't see things falling into place as they did last year. At this point, let's take care of business which means DESTROYING THE BOOGERS!

RTR!!!!
Agree. As much as I would like to see it happen, really and truly, what are the odds that everything falls right in to place for us a second year in a row?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
its a medley and she (the fat lady) could still segue into "Yea, Alabama" ;)
Amen. And wouldn't that be cool to hear after Flight of the Valkyrie's? ;-) Anyhoo... Until you're mathematically eliminated which means the BCS speaks after the SEC game, the fat lady has not sung. Even if we don't get there, I think we'll get an awesome bowl game against a great opponent and something to play for. Proud of Bama! RTR!!!

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Faith! got have faith! It can happen! Will it, who knows but it be nice to see the monkey on someone else and i don't think they can handle the pressure! This is just what nick ordered, We are within striking distance at #4 .Im sure coach has told them we are still in it plus i think we will play like a enraged elephant the next 3 weeks. To me the pressure look like it was starting to mount. I think we will play like we did in the capital bowl a couple of years ago. PLus you never know a injury to oregon's QB and they are up Sh** creek with out a paddle. Same for K-STATE. And ND well they don't don't even want none

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
I dont agree with the "Oregon wont lose" sentiment. They have the hardest path right now to CG out of the undefeateds. Stanford will be a tough game, then Oregon State will be an absolute battle. Say they survive those two games, then they probably get a rematch with a USC team that gave them a good run for their money. That is an awfully tough stretch. I think K State is destined for the CG but after that anything can happen. The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The real question is are we really that good? Lets be honest, GA is just as good as LSU IMHO.
I think we're not as good as everyone thinks we were a few weeks back. I know our defense has "looked" good this season but I've never thought it was nearly as good as last year's. The same with our offense. Still.... LSU sucking against Auburn this season *was* an anomaly. That was not LSU. UGA was not as bad as they looked against USCe. I think we're 7-10 points better than UGA but that's just my opinion.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Not really. It doesn't matter if we win the SECCG by one point or by 20. If 2 out of the 3 above us don't lose then we're out of the picture, regardless of what happens in the SECCG. If 2 of them lose then we're in. It's not a complicated scenario and how any of this happens is of little consequence.
Kindly
Read the Whole post rather than looking for a sentence to call out, please.

That is exactly what I said.

However, we have to make a huge statement to get in the game with all the anti SEC Sentiment.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
However, we have to make a huge statement to get in the game with all the anti SEC Sentiment.
No, we don't. If two of the current top three lose -- which, as you mentioned, is a must -- then beating Georgia in Atlanta will effectively be #2 'Bama beating #3 Georgia in a national championship play-in game.

Bottom line: If two of the current top three lose, and we go to Atlanta and beat Georgia -- even if it's a 49-48 victory in 5OT -- we are going to Miami.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Kindly
Read the Whole post rather than looking for a sentence to call out, please.

That is exactly what I said.

I did read your whole post. The reason I "called out" that section is because I don't agree with it. We don't need to make a statement, we just need to win, and 2 out of the 3 need to lose. This is a discussion board, people don't always agree.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We are arguably in much better shape right now than we were this time last year after losing to LSU.

We just need to sit back and enjoy the drama that is about to unfold. This is what makes college football so much fun!

If we make it back into the BCS top two that will be GREAT!

If we don't let's clean up the business of getting our 23rd SEC championship.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
With regqard to the supposed SEC fatigue: If we win out and 2 out of 3 of the teams ahead of us lose, we will go to the NC Game. No one will jump a one loss Bama team that just beat UGA for the SEC championship, regardless of how much SEC fatigue there is out there.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
All I know is that I'm gonna be the biggest fan of whomever Oregon, KSU, and ND is playing.

And like BET said, AJ has to play better. Additionally, I'd like to see us re-commit to the power run game and find a way to miraculously force a 3 and out again!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
What if Oregon, K-State and ND all lose and then we beat Georgia. Could we play A@M or even LSU again?? Not probable but certainly not impossible. Lots of football to play yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.