Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NCG?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Oregon! I think they are much better than when the Barn beat them a couple of years ago.

I don't think ND would stand a chance. Their offense is just not good enough. #5 for ND can't beat us by himself.

Kansas State is more a clone of Alabama. I think our D can stop our O and therefore I think our D would stop KSU's O with the understanding that Collin Klein is a good runner (much, much, much better than AJ), but he is more of a power runner and not as elusive as Manziel. When Manziel has the ball, he can drop back to pass on one side of the field and run zig zags and circles and triangles, maybe even squares or pentagons or octagons around you.

If we played them (Oregon) we would need probably 16 players on defense: 4 D lineman; 6 linebackers; and 6 DB's.

I'm not sure we learned enough by playing A & M to help us defeat Oregon. However, give Coach Saban three weeks to a month to prepare our players and we just may shut them down.

Who are we going to recruit this year on D to help stop Manziel next year? We get him early in the season next year. I'll bet his backup can't simulate what he does on a football field.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I don't think there is any question it's Oregon. What I don't understand is our fans shuttering in their boots over the thought of playing Oregon. I'm not taking anything away from Oregon. They are very, very impressive offensively. Chip Kelley has done an outstanding job taking that program to the next level. We had a bad game against A & M and they played nearly flawless. The SEC season is nothing short of a meat grinder. We stumped our toe and got beat, but I want a shot at Oregon. Saban has shown time and time again that when he has time to prepare for a game, the kind of time you get from the last regular season game to a bowl game, he's awfully difficult to beat. He is a master of preparation. We are going to need some help for it to happen, but I would love a shot at Oregon in the BCSCG.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Oregon and by a mile, though I think Klein would give us some issues (just not enough to beat us).

I honestly think we would beat ND by 10+ points.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I can't believe the pessimism I'm seeing here. Would Oregon be a challenge? Sure. Would we have a month to prepare? Yes!

I sure hope our team isn't reading this!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I can't believe the pessimism I'm seeing here. Would Oregon be a challenge? Sure. Would we have a month to prepare? Yes!

I sure hope our team isn't reading this!
The way Bama's D struggled yesterday with the hurry up offense solidified many's thoughts that Oregon would present a challenge. No doubting that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The way Bama's D struggled yesterday with the hurry up offense solidified many's thoughts that Oregon would present a challenge. No doubting that.
I get that, BUT one game doesn't equal a trend.

All I'm seeing all over the board today is "we've got to rethink things" or "we need to go dual threat qb" etc.

Every now and then a CNS coached team has a flat game.

Remember he lost to UAB when he was at LSU. We remember the LaMonroe and Utah games, but these are few and far between.

I'm just not sure it is time to panic in regards to the HUNH.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I get that, BUT one game doesn't equal a trend.

All I'm seeing all over the board today is "we've got to rethink things" or "we need to go dual threat qb" etc.

Every now and then a CNS coached team has a flat game.

Remember he lost to UAB when he was at LSU. We remember the LaMonroe and Utah games, but these are few and far between.

I'm just not sure it is time to panic in regards to the HUNH.
You nailed it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Honestly I'd be more worried about Aaron Murray than I would be Marcus Mariota. Optimus Klein is a worry too but his supporting cast is what would hurt them against us. I think we'd try to take the option away and make Mariota throw (I don't think he really can against a great defense). Murray and Klein are proven even against some good teams.
I respect your p.o.v. 230, but will also add about Murray - he can be 'spooked' pretty easily into throwing into coverage. That's why I think Bama's D will rule the day in that game.

Getting back to the NC game....both KS and UO would be challenging opponents because of their QB's. I couldn't say which one would be the one you'd want to play.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Oregon because we couldn't do situational substitution on defense no matter how long we had to prepare. They simply don't give you enough time.
I do however think that we would beat them by controlling the ball.
I think we would blow both Kansas State or Notre Dame out of the stadium.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Oregon has 3 freshmen and a tight end playing on the d-line. I'd like our chances..
I like our chances as well against Oregon..As long as we would commit to running the ball like we should have against The Aggies..I wouldn't like our chances if we used the same offensive game plan we ran against The Aggies..

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
USC is going to beat ND. USC will be like angry bees for this game, and ND is good but is not ready for prime-time yet. They will go down.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Oregon. They're a scoring machine.

Of the three, I see ND as being the easiest team for Alabama to beat. They've been extremely lucky to be undefeated thus far. Six Michigan turnovers enabled ND to beat Michigan by 3 points. A very middling Pitt team takes ND to triple OT in South Bend.

I agree with the earlier poster who noted we should become USCw fans for the rest of the regular season.

Who would have thought we'd be cheering for Kiffin's team to win some big games...

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
Oregon. Haven't seen much of K-state, but their only remaining game is Texas, and I think we crush ND like an empty beer can. BTW, if USC beats UCLA do they get another shot at Oregon? Wouldn't it be cool if Kiffin was able to pull off the trifecta and beat UCLA, ND, and then knock off Oregon in the PAC-12 championship? I know, I know, just dreamin...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.