Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NCG?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Of the 3 major undefeateds, which one would most likely beat Bama if played in NCG?

I'm thinking Oregon possibly - the other two no way - but with enough time to game plan, we could beat them as well.

Thoughts?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Oregon would scare me, but I wouldn't say we would get beat. That's why you play the game. Anything can happen. Kansas State or ND wouldn't scare me. I hope if we don't go to the national championship that we get ND in the Suger. That would probably get more ratings than the national championship game.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think any of them are likely to beat us in a BCS Championship setting. Any of them could, but not likely.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
It does not matter to me who we play, as long as we get there, and we will by the way. I think it will be Bama vs Oregon, I bet K=state and ND fall

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
With a month to prepare? None of them.

Oregon's offense is the most explosive thing, but I was watching them last night and it was just so sad... Cal's defense wasn't even trying. Oregon also doesn't have a defense. I don't see Bama losing to Notre Dame or Kansas State with 2 weeks to prepare, and with a whole month really to prepare, I think they could definitely keep up with and shut down Oregon.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I say Oregon just because we acted like we never seen an uptempo offense before, I'm not worried about a mobile QB just the offense.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Oregon. They are a better version of TAMU although their spread is more run happy. I still think they would give our guys fits. Bama's problem right now is coming out flat. The 1st quarter is the new 3rd quarter for Bama. You come out flat against Oregon and you are looking at 35 - 0 in the blink of an eye. Having said that, Coach is great when given a month to prepare. I would love for Bama to get a shot at any of them. Need to win and need some help!

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
Oregon, for sure. Hypothetically speaking, we would have a month to prepare and would be much healthier than we were for the A&M game, but their offense's performance against our defense is still noteworthy. It is clear that, while still really good, our defense isn't a dominant against quality offensive opposition. And Oregon runs their offense to perfection with so many quick, talented guys out there. It would be very hard to stop. I would have (still maybe would...) really liked to see us play Oregon. It would be a very intriguing, entertaining game to watch. 50/50.

Kansas State would be a worthy opponent too, but I think we could bottle up Klein. Besides him, they seem pretty similar to us, but I think we do it better than they do. And Notre Dame would almost certainly be beat, if not soundly beaten, by any of the other three.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Tossup between KS and UO. Both have gladiator QB's......and you know what that means! (gulp).

BTW - so happy that you will be dismantling the Dawgs instead of the reptiles in Atlanta...I'm going to REALLy enjoy that game! Don't worry - you'll be alright in that one...Murray doesn't hold a candle to J. Football.....your "D" will have him on his tush all day long! :)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Tossup between KS and UO. Both have gladiator QB's......and you know what that means! (gulp).

BTW - so happy that you will be dismantling the Dawgs instead of the reptiles in Atlanta...I'm going to REALLy enjoy that game! Don't worry - you'll be alright in that one...Murray doesn't hold a candle to J. Football.....your "D" will have him on his tush all day long! :)
Honestly I'd be more worried about Aaron Murray than I would be Marcus Mariota. Optimus Klein is a worry too but his supporting cast is what would hurt them against us. I think we'd try to take the option away and make Mariota throw (I don't think he really can against a great defense). Murray and Klein are proven even against some good teams.

bmfcox

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Oregon IMO would be the worst matchup. They are like TAMU on roids. I like our chances with Gawja and the other two unbeatens. I know it is wishful thinking, but I just have a feeling that two of the three unbeaten will lay an egg down the road.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.