Stepping out on a limb --- I'm predicting Bama in the BCS CG, more...

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I really, really hope Oregon and Notre Dame lose, but I'm not counting on it. I find pessimism can be rewarding in sports fandom. I just don't think Stanford or Oregon State can beat Oregon.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I really, really hope Oregon and Notre Dame lose, but I'm not counting on it. I find pessimism can be rewarding in sports fandom. I just don't think Stanford or Oregon State can beat Oregon.
I see your point.
Let me also say this... While no single game looks to go in our favor - I mean, Oregon looks better than Stanford and Oregon State, Kansas State looks better than Texas, ... - in the big picture, it is also unlikely that all three of those teams win out.
Sometimes, especially in sports, the big picture is more accurate than the sum of its parts. Just like we look at our schedule and looks like no one can beat us, but when you consider how difficult it is to go undefeated especially as the defending national champ, it was very likely that SOMEONE would beat us.
If I was a betting man, I would bet large amounts of money that AT LEAST one of the three will lose. I wouldn't bet a lot on two of them losing, but I certainly think it's not that improbable.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
The only way Oregon loses is that their defense is beat up worse than they are saying. I don't think KSt loses unless Klein is hurt worse than advertised. I believe USC beats Notre Dumb. We just have to hope either KSt or the Ducks lose.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A couple of things to keep in mind down the stretch...

USC, if they win out, may be in the way of two of the teams... Oregon and ND. They (USCw) also have the talents to beat either team. They lost to Oregon earlier, yes, but it's tough to beat at team twice in one year...ask LSU. They are almost certain to at LEAST knock off ND.

Oregon vs. Stanford this weekend is the closest thing to a "preview" of what it would look like between Oregon and us... I know, I know, Stanford doesn;t have the athletes we do, but the philosophy employed by them is very similar. I hope that they figure out a way to slow down the game enough with their offense to pull a win.

K State, IMO, has the best shot at going undefeated. I think both Baylor and Texas will give them trouble, and with the way Texas has played since the Red River embarassment it could be REAL trouble....but without the look ahead to a championship game, the Texas game they'll be up for.

The best thing that we can do is take care of business on our end, and le the rest work itself out...

TiderInTally

Scout Team
May 4, 2005
LA (Lower Alabama)
It could happen. Last year Alabama lost a frustrating heartbreaker late in the season to a very good football team, and dropped to #4 in the BCS, with 3 undefeated teams ahead of them. Sound familiar? Two weeks later ... right back in it. I mean, sure, you could see Oregon beating Stanford a mile away. But did anybody really expect Oklahoma State to lose to Iowa State (5-4 at the time, including a 35-point shellacking by unranked Missouri)?

If one of these miracle scenarios - or a different one - plays out, I'll see you in Miami. If not, Nawlins is always a good time. Orlando is okay too, I guess.

Regardless of what happens, we have to maintain perspective. One would have thought that the Dark Years, the Lost Decade, would have taught us some humility, and not to take success for granted.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Would normally agree but our team is, unlike this time last yr, trending downward. Our D has been shellacked the last two weeks for over 800 yds of offense, and our O hasn't looked right since the game against State. Oregon, right now, is proving to me that they are the best team in college football, and though upsets can happen frankly I don't see them losing at all, neither do I see K State losing to Texas(Texas almost lost to KANSAS). If both of those likely scenarios come to pass, it's over.

Right now, I'll be happy if we just win out and win the SEC.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Would normally agree but our team is, unlike this time last yr, trending downward. Our D has been shellacked the last two weeks for over 800 yds of offense, and our O hasn't looked right since the game against State. Oregon, right now, is proving to me that they are the best team in college football, and though upsets can happen frankly I don't see them losing at all, neither do I see K State losing to Texas(Texas almost lost to KANSAS). If both of those likely scenarios come to pass, it's over.

Right now, I'll be happy if we just win out and win the SEC.
Anything can happen, but I totally agree dman.

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
i think all 3 lose...k-state to texas and usc beats both notre dame and oregon. then we play florida for the title...heard it hear first...lol.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think we obviously have to pull for USC the next few weeks...they can be our best friend. I know they aren't the team that the pundits thought at the first of the year, but they are still dangerous. Notre Dame going west to play Barkley in the Coliseum smells like an upset. I don't see K state losing to Texas so I think they are in. Oregon has 3 legit tests left. I think Oregon State gets them in Corvalis.

USC is a bad match up for Notre Dame...I truly believe that Barkley will pull out the win for them... Notre Dames defense is good, but shaky against the pass, and their offense is not nearly as impressive as the offenses in the PAc12, which gives USC a better matchup on D.

In my mind, we only need Kansas St to lose to Texas, at Texas...which isnt out of the realm of belief.

Oregon I believe will win out, bot have the toughest schedule with Oregon st, Stanford and the PAC12 championship games left.

we're definitely still in the picture if we win out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.