For kicks and giggles ... what happens if all 3 undefeated teams lose?

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Just curious what everyone's thoughts would be if ND loses to USC, KS loses to TX, and Oregon loses to Stanford.... Everyone else wins out. Talk about a mess ...
Who would you predict in the BCS NCG then?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
SEC champ (assuming they don't lose again) VS. SEC (again)??? Probably not but if ND or Kansas ST lose I think they drop out of the picture. Oregon might could lose this week and possibly pull back up into place.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I think a Florida win over Florida State would bounce them ahead of 1-loss KSU and ND, but not 1-loss Oregon.

So if Bama wins SECCG...

My guess is Bama vs Oregon assuming Oregon loses only one. If Oregon loses 2+, should be Florida

If Bama loses SECCG...

My guess is Georgia vs Oregon (same caveat - Oregon loses 2+, should be rematch of Georgia vs Florida)

Bottom line: if all three undefeateds lose, there's an excellent chance of the SEC winning its 7th straight, though I'm not sure Georgia could handle Oregon.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
It's interesting (I should not be understood as agreeing that Texas will beat KSU, etc.). In that scenario I think it is SEC winner against Oregon. If the Ducks lose two, well, I really couldn't tell you. There would be lots of screaming about another SEC vs. SEC matchup, but it's what would make sense. But I don't see any way Oregon loses twice, though I think once is within the realm of possibility. In fact, I think they are more likely to drop one than KSU.

So then try to figure out the scenario with KSU undefeated, and Oregon, Alabama and Notre Dame with one loss each.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My guess is that this reshuffles the deck and takes us back to the "projected match-up" if all were unbeaten, namely Alabama vs Oregon.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Florida didn't win their division, so they shouldn't be allowed to go....or at least that's what I kept hearing last year. I think it will be Bama vs Oregon in that scenario.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This ignores several 1-loss teams that would then achieve parity with the current unbeatens should they lose, i.e. Florida
The problem, though, is Florida is stuck. If its one-loss GA and one-loss Bama in Atlanta then Florida will be on the outside looking in. Now - if UGA loses to Tech, all bets are off.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
A lot depends on how the games are lost and when. If K-State loses to Texas and ND loses to USC they will have no other games to play to help their computer rankings. If Oregon were to lose before their championship game then they would have another game and a chance to improve in the computers over KS and ND. But if Oregon loses to UCLA or USC in the PAC 12 championship I doubt their computer rankings would be better than Florida if they win out.

Florida with wins over top 10 LSU, South Carolina, Texas A&M and Florida State would probably be ranked #1 in the computers. It could happen LOL!!! :)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think a Florida win over Florida State would bounce them ahead of 1-loss KSU and ND, but not 1-loss Oregon.

So if Bama wins SECCG...

My guess is Bama vs Oregon assuming Oregon loses only one. If Oregon loses 2+, should be Florida

If Bama loses SECCG...

My guess is Georgia vs Oregon (same caveat - Oregon loses 2+, should be rematch of Georgia vs Florida)

Bottom line: if all three undefeateds lose, there's an excellent chance of the SEC winning its 7th straight, though I'm not sure Georgia could handle Oregon.
depends on who Oregon loses to. If Oregon loses to Stanford and Stanford beats UCLA then Oregon is at best an at large team cuz they dont have a championship oppurtunity. My guess would be a one loss KSU or 2 loss LSU cuz if ND loses all bets are off for them but Oregon cannot afford to lose this weekend or else they will have to be huge Bruin fans next week

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Depends on how badly they lose. Close contests against ranked opponents, and I don't think they drop enough and we play Oregon.

If they all get hammered, then look for Florida to slip in against the SECCG winner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.