Injuries Have Added Up this Year. The Biggest?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Injuries are a factor for every team and I'm sure some of the all-time great squads couldn't have handled one key injury without declining a good bit.

The biggest injury this year has probably been Jalston Fowler. It really wasn't felt until the TAMU game when I think a second power back could have been a huge factor in that game. Once Lacy got baptized by the TAMU defenders, I don't think he was used for much else than a decoy the rest of the game. Fowler would have been huge in that goal line possession near the end of the game...maybe not even as a runner. His ability as a pass catcher probably made him equally a threat in the short field as a plowing runner and a guy who could sneak into the flat as a fullback for a quick pass. If we were going to pass on that interception, I felt that little bootleg pass we ran either to the tailback or famously to Upchurch was a viable call but our option at fullback were a little slow to feel safe about the call.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Fowler's injury hurt our whole offense badly, but AJ's injury is limiting even more what we can attempt on offense. We can hope that he can be rested enough over the next two games to be ready for the post-season. From what I know, what he has going on now should benefit greatly with some rest, unlike the shoulder injury he played with last year. IOW, it shouldn't require immediate post-season surgery...
Our loss of Fowler definitely changed our ground game this season. This guy is a hoss and I believe it led us to more passing this season. With respect to AJ, I believe he is hurting much more than we are aware (at least the general public) and his accuracy has suffered, along with the team.

All teams have walking wounded at this point, but AJ's pain is something that has a great impact on us because we have relied so much on passing this season. I hope he spends most of this next game watching from the sidelines and help in his recovery. So, my vote goes to AJ.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.