Question: Anyone going to the game this weekend?

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
My son and I will be there. First home game for me since the 2010 Iron Bowl. I am looking forward to it. Everybody drive safely! The team needs its fans after last week.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I'm glad to go support the team. I know we lost a game and we're still in the top 4, but they deserve it. Woe to us because we lost...

I think they're going to be fine...
Real fans go to NOT only the TAMU's, the AU's, the LSU's, but the Western Carolinas, the North Texas, etc...

We will be there as per usual and will expect everyone else to be there as well.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I'd be there if my son wasn't playing for his football league championship at 10 AM. Never fear though, someone will be in our seats. I will say that with such an early game, it'd be a good day to hang out the players exit and catch some of them for pictures and autographs. Some of the newer guys like to go out and get pics made and hob nob with the fans. Some of the older guys with "big names" tend to sneak out the sides.
Or you can hang out at the football facility and catch some of the guys coming back over there. We caught Lester there after a game last year for an autograph.

tmv85

All-SEC
Real fans go to NOT only the TAMU's, the AU's, the LSU's, but the Western Carolinas, the North Texas, etc...

We will be there as per usual and will expect everyone else to be there as well.
I take offense to this because I am about as real as it gets when it comes to being a Bama fan, but we aren't going. Seriously, though, our almost 8-month pregnant daughter needs a bathroom repainted (and our son-in-law is not a handy man by any stretch), and this is the only weekend that is good for them and works for us. (We got put on the #2 list with family last weekend because we went to the ballgame instead of going to our nephew's wedding.) I did sell my tickets to another Bama fan who doesn't get the opportunity to go to games, and she is ecstatic.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Along those lines ... don't you love the folks who claim to be the biggest Bama fans but only ask for your help on finding tickets to attend the bigger games. It's a pattern of casual fans that I have observed over several decades. I always say I could have better luck finding fill-in-the-blank University but they are NEVER able to go to those games for fill-in-the-blank weak reasons.

I have a few friends who happily seek/accept any Tide game ticket for themselves, they pay me face value for "big" games as well as not so big, even when I know they could sometimes get a cheaper ticket outside the stadium. I appreciate those folks so much more as fans.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I'm bringing 7, can't wait! It's a great feeling on a Friday night knowing I'm headed to Tuscaloosa tomorrow a.m. Getting up at 0445, not so much. :eek2:

Roll Tide!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wanted to but.....I am going on a cruise this weekend (start down to Orl in a few hours), so I am definately gonna to miss this game. :(
We love to cruise, so not a bad excuse. :)

Too bad the game is on the sec network, you might be able to get on the ship early and they may be showing it in the bars. We usually can get on the ship by 11 or so, but we cruise Carnival. Not sure if that is who you are cruising with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.