If Bama wins the SEC CG and KSU and ND win out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
If Bama wins the SEC CG and KSU and ND win out, they'll have the same amount of wins. Shouldn't Bama then jump them on strength of schedule and winning the SEC Championship which is the best conference?

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was wondering if we would jump ND if we both win out but KSU loses, on account of the SECCG, and go to the NC over ND

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I can't fathom us jumping them, but it looks more like Oregon and ND are the two most likely to win out, if the Baylor/KSU game holds.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The formulas simply won't allow it.

An example; the BCS does not allow the computer polls to factor in margin of victory. I can't remember which poll it was, or if it was an average of all the computer polls, but Notre Dame ranked 1st without margin of victory factored in. But with it, they ranked 5th.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
We WILL NOT jump an undefeated team!
I'm more worried about beating UGA than anything, but you are correct. Alabama will not jump over an undefeated.

K State will probably lose, but Oregan looks like their remaining competition can't pull off an upset.

Anyone on this board that thinks Alabama could jump Notre Dame is just too young to know their football history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.