Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama (bleacherreport warning)

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Alabama Football: Why Tide Should Root for USC to Beat Notre Dame

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-tide-should-root-for-usc-to-beat-notre-dame

Alabama's aspirations to repeat as national champions took a big hit when the team lost to Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M. However, the Crimson Tide are now back in the title hunt after stunning losses by Oregon and Kansas State over the weekend.
Notre Dame and Alabama are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the AP poll for the first time since 1967. The matchup of the two historic college football programs would be a battle for the ages. But if Alabama wants to hoist the crystal ball in Miami, the Tide should root for the struggling USC Trojans to upset the Irish next week so they can avoid the game all together.
Notre Dame's defense, led by senior and Heisman candidate Manti Te'o, is scary good. The Irish are currently tied for first with Alabama in scoring defense and are allowing just 288.3 yards of offense per game.
The athletic unit has also stifled opponents' running backs—something Alabama relies on heavily.
The Irish also have the talent to mirror the game plan that Texas A&M laid out in its win over Alabama: Take away Eddie Lacy and T.J Yeldon and force the Tide to beat you through the air.
AJ McCarron is good—his 21 touchdowns and only two interceptions are a testament to that—but he won't be the reason the Tide win. If anything, the savvy Notre Dame defense may prey on the junior quarterback.
The Aggies forced McCarron to throw 34 times, tying the highest total of his career.McCarron completed just 61.8 percent of those passes, and he threw his only two interceptions of the season.

Should Alabama be worried about Notre Dame?

YesNoSubmit Vote vote to see results

It's a tall task to ask USC to take down the juggernaut that has become Notre Dame, though. The Trojans are fresh off a crushing loss to crosstown rival UCLA, and quarterbackMatt Barkley reportedly left the Rose Bowl with his shoulder in a sling Saturday:

A game between Alabama and Notre Dame would be the most hyped game of the millennium—and rightly so. However, the Tide would be better suited not having to face an Irish team in the midst of its best season in nearly a decade with the national championship up for grabs.

What do you think? Will both teams win their remaining games and meet in Miami? Should Alabama be worried about Notre Dame? Let us know in the comments below.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

I remember back in 2009 when Texas' run (#1 in the country) defense was "scary good" against the run. Let's see how they take care of busniess when they go out to LA and face USC.

Last edited:

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

Typical BR trash. ND is a poorer version of Alabama. Oregon and KSU have a chance, because their offenses could cause us problems. ND is really similiar to Bama 2008. ND should be happy of what they've accomplished, but realize they are not world beaters.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Now Notre Dame is a juggernaut?

LOL there, big time.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Typical BR trash. ND is a poorer version of Alabama. Oregon and KSU have a chance, because their offenses could cause us problems. ND is really similiar to Bama 2008. ND should be happy of what they've accomplished, but realize they are not world beaters.
I like the 2008 comparison. They are about to get a reality check...from us (potentially) if not the Trojans.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.

writer? nah that's just a Bleacher report everyday Joe who would like to be a writer. I hope that's the way they really think up north lol

Writer says Notre Dame would crush Alabama

They are no 2008 Bama. That team could mash and mash and mash. ND skates by teams like Pitt!

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

I knew the sickening Notre Dame love would come out. They've been hyped all year. I hope the Tide gets a chance to embarrass them in the BCSNC game.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

They are no 2008 Bama. That team could mash and mash and mash. ND skates by teams like Pitt!
They are not a facsimile by any means. I meant more in spirit that they are an overachieving squad with some great talent mixed in with very average players and everything has gone their way so far.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

OK, someone help me here with the logic:

Alabama, who is better than USC, should hope USC beats Notre Dame because.....Alabama can't?

Oh, a few more things:

1) Yes, McCarron threw 34 times - because he was down 20-0. Unless Notre Dame's QB is going to put the Tide down, 20-0, this argument holds no water.

2) What GOOD running game have they stifled? Sure, they stifled Navy because they were up by 40 points.

3)

They are not a facsimile by any means. I meant more in spirit that they are an overachieving squad with some great talent mixed in with very average players and everything has gone their way so far.
Oh, my bad, still though, I'm not so sure that we overachieved. I think we were right on schedule.

OK, someone help me here with the logic:

Alabama, who is better than USC, should hope USC beats Notre Dame because.....Alabama can't?

Oh, a few more things:

1) Yes, McCarron threw 34 times - because he was down 20-0. Unless Notre Dame's QB is going to put the Tide down, 20-0, this argument holds no water.

2) What GOOD running game have they stifled? Sure, they stifled Navy because they were up by 40 points.

3)
1) We should have won that game, but we lost to a team I feel is better than every one on their schedule and LSU is as well.

2) They did stop Oklahoma. ;) Well, not really.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
As someone told me today, "we beat auburn, then Uga and then give Coach Saban a month to prepare for a team.... When he has a month to prepare he does evil things to the other team"

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Let the talking heads and lovers of ND keep spewing their drivel. Assuming Bama takes care of business by beating the Barn and Jawja, I know Coach Saban will ignore this clutter and quietly put together a game plan to send the chrome domers skittering back to IN.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.