Same old Georgia fans

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I was at dinner tonight and overheard the table of UGA fans behind me running their mouths about Alabama. They were saying thatthe Bama fans have already punched their tickets to Miami and we think it's not going to be a contest between the two teams. He went onto say that there was no way UGA would lose to a team that just lost to Texas A&M. I had my back to the table and they had no idea I had a Bama shirt on. I got up, turned around and was basically in their faces due to the proximity of out tables and walked out. :cool:

They have quickly forgotten their loss to South Carolina, their 51-44 win over Tennessee and 29-24 win over Kentucky.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I was at dinner tonight and overheard the table of UGA fans behind me running their mouths about Alabama. They were saying thatthe Bama fans have already punched their tickets to Miami and we think it's not going to be a contest between the two teams. He went onto say that there was no way UGA would lose to a team that just lost to Texas A&M. I had my back to the table and they had no idea I had a Bama shirt on. I got up, turned around and was basically in their faces due to the proximity of out tables and walked out. :cool:

They have quickly forgotten their loss to South Carolina, their 51-44 win over Tennessee and 29-24 win over Kentucky.
I love it when our competition's fans are talking smack. It's just makes it that much sweeter when the Tide opens up a big can on 'em!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I always like to say Really what has Georgia ever done, I mean really. Without Hershel Walker you are Kentucky without Baksetball.

Roll Tide!

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
He went onto say that there was no way UGA would lose to a team that just lost to Texas A&M
I never understood why people think like that. Just because a team loses to one team or plays badly against one team doesn't mean they will do the same against another. Georgia didn't play Texas A&M so that's just a stupid statement. I could say there is no way Alabama would lose to a team that got smacked around by South Carolina. But there's no way to back that up. It's just words. The real talk is done on the field. And if they want to use that logic, then they need to remember that Alabama held UT to 10 points while Georgia allowed 44.

You can pick and choose any games previously played and tweak it to your teams advantage, but at the end of the day the only real way to find out who's better is to put both teams on the field and let them settle it.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
Opinions are like, well, you know what, and everybody has one, but I think Alabama will win out. They will win decisively over Auburn, then beat Georgia in the SEC championship game and prevail in Miami, regardless of who shows up as the opponent. I'm not listening to what Georgia fans or anybody else is saying at this point.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I never understood why people think like that. Just because a team loses to one team or plays badly against one team doesn't mean they will do the same against another. Georgia didn't play Texas A&M so that's just a stupid statement. I could say there is no way Alabama would lose to a team that got smacked around by South Carolina. But there's no way to back that up. It's just words. The real talk is done on the field. And if they want to use that logic, then they need to remember that Alabama held UT to 10 points while Georgia allowed 44.

You can pick and choose any games previously played and tweak it to your teams advantage, but at the end of the day the only real way to find out who's better is to put both teams on the field and let them settle it.
Right. I would hope that many who bemoaned a potential match up with Oregon (after we struggled so much with Texas A&M) would realize after last night that it's all about when you play. Although Stanford has a solid team, I would wager they do not have the talent that we do. Yet they really shut down Oregon on their home field. We caught A&M at the worst possible time. Give Nick Saban a month to prepare, and we're going to do very well.

All that said... Georgia is going to be a tough out. They'll be motivated, and they've got plenty of talent in their own right.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Right. I would hope that many who bemoaned a potential match up with Oregon (after we struggled so much with Texas A&M) would realize after last night that it's all about when you play.
Somebody on this board posted the stat that it has been a very long time since a team defeated three consecutive opponents in the top 15 three weeks in a row.
Bama almost did that, but it is a difficult and rare accomplishment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.