Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
UA Coaching Staff Players of the Week:

Offense: Anthony Steen, Chance Warmack, Michael Williams
Defense: Nico Johnson, CJ Mosley
Special Teams: Brent Calloway, Landon Collins

- John Fulton will practice "some" today. Everyone should be good to go by Tuesday
- We're not in any conversations about anything but the game we're playing..We're not trying to hold a position; we're trying to create one."
- If we don't win our next game, there is no next game.
- The Iron Bowl is a big deal. Auburn is playing its best football of the year. They've got two really good running backs
- Won't confirm Denver Post report about Colorado State games in 2013 and 2015
- There is no rotation at the PR position. Christion is our guy. We just wanted to get Cyrus some experience there.
- WR injuries have been an issue. Hopefully this week, Kevin Norwood will be back.
- People get emotionally stressed out relative to their positions (i.e. rankings) and you get tense and you don't play as well. None of these things are bad things. It's not like anyone is taking them behind the barn and shooting them.
- Kenyon Drake will be available this week
- Has high praise for Jonathan Wallace. Says he's been good for what Auburn wants to do.
- Asked if it bothers him that the coaching profession has become a "What have you done for me lately?" kinda deal: "It is what it is." Went on to say that he thinks Chizik has done a good job at AU. And he says, "Whether I like it or not, it's the world that we live in. Two years from now if we don't sustain our success, it'll be me in the same seat that those guys are in."
- On creating turnovers: If I knew why were aren't getting them, we'd do what was necessary. We're doing the same things and continue to emphasize it
- Did you enjoy this week?: I enjoy coaching. I enjoy the challenges. I enjoy working with the players. I look forward to working toward the opportunity that we've created for ourselves. It's what competitors do. We have a chance to win our division. As coaches, we have to be positive and energetic. As coaches, if we're uptight about it, the players will be uptight. We have to focus not on what we might lose, but what we can create for ourselves."
- As a team (not talking about AJ, as a team), we haven't thrown the ball well the last couple of games. Not much continuity due to circumstances (various injures and new faces at the WR position). The focus is on trying to improve
- TJ Yeldon has played extremely well for us throughout the year. He's been mature about the role he has, and has handled it as a young player. we've been extremely pleased with what he's done. Hopefully he'll have a great game this Saturday.
- Asked about distractions with this being a home game: There are distractions all the time. There are sometimes distractions in the media. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. You guys are doing your jobs,and we appreciate that. But we wanna be process oriented not outcome oriented. Probably the bigger the game, the more distractions. Regardless of where we're playing this game, though, there will be distractions because it's a rivalry game and it's Thanksgiving week. Player maturity will be key.
- Asked about Nico Johnson's leadership: He cares about this team, loves to play football, and he's a good competitor. He takes a lot of pride about doing things the right way. He's never been negative and never complained about his circumstances (i.e. not being in the game because of opposing teams' offense [Mosley is the primary MLB against spread offenses]. He's always the team guy and does everything he can to help his teammates."

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Asked if it bothers him that the coaching profession has become a "What have you done for me lately?" kinda deal: "It is what it is." Went on to say that he thinks Chizik has done a good job at AU. And he says, "Whether I like it or not, it's the world that we live in. Two years from now if we don't sustain our success, it'll be me in the same seat that those guys are in."
I admit 2-9 going into the last week would be a very bitter pill to swallow but would Bama fans *really* be on CNS case if we were to lose 4-5 games in one season -- if say, it was just a bad season, down in the talent area or players didn't execute? I'd like to think we'd be a little more tolerable and appreciative of what he's done. I tend to believe that unless there were a lot of empty seats, we would just take it as it is for the time being.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I admit 2-9 going into the last week would be a very bitter pill to swallow but would Bama fans *really* be on CNS case if we were to lose 4-5 games in one season -- if say, it was just a bad season, down in the talent area or players didn't execute? I'd like to think we'd be a little more tolerable and appreciative of what he's done. I tend to believe that unless there were a lot of empty seats, we would just take it as it is for the time being.
Losses are one thing. Bad losses are another. The state of the program is a key factor relative to the losses. All teams are going to have "DOWN" years from time to time. Take for example our last down year was 10-3. A season going 8-4 or 7-5 would, at this point, be heartbreaking. But as you said, MOST of us who've been around through the fat and the lean years would "TAKE IT AS IT IS" keeping an eye on the big picture where the younger fans would begin melting down and get banned from this forum.

RTR!!!

Last edited:

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, judging by the way some folks melted down after only one loss, yeah, I'd say we'd be on his case. But seriously, if 2-9 ever happened under his watch, the injury list would double the "available" list - IOW, it just ain't gonna happen!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The fan base was getting on Coach Bryant's case in '69 and '70 when he had consecutive 6 win seasons. I don't know to what degree it got to but at Bama you have to win big on a consistent basis no matter who you are or what you have done. With that being said, Bryant won 8 SEC championships and 3 National Championships in the next 10 yrs.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Auburn isn't just losing on the field, they are losing off it, in every way possible. Every program is just a few injuries from a bad year, but fans just want to know their program is going to be successful, You can sort of see that even during a bad year. All I see at Auburn are multiple felony convictions and the need for a AA chapter in the football building.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It may just be me, but Coach sounds focused and relaxed. It's late November in the SEC.

He loves this stuff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.