USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Even if Oregon loses, I think K State has 0% chance (or very close to it). They are sitting at #6 in the BCS with only one more game to play. Even if Oregon lost again, Florida still has a substantial lead on K-State, and it will only get bigger if they beat FSU. You also have to factor in that ND may not drop below K-State if they happen to lose this weekend. Just don't see that matchup happening.
FSU beats UF
USC beats ND
UCLA beats Oregon
KState beats UT

Gives us three 1 loss teams

ND, K State, FSU

Can't lose last and move into BCSCG

Leaving FSU or K State

The Computers hate FSU

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
USC has beaten ND 10 out of the last 12 years (I was told today by an ND grad, don't have time to look it up)...granted, ND hasn't exactly been world-beaters in that stretch; but USC would rather beat ND than UCLA. He (ND grad) is scared to death about this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. ND's offense ain't great by any stretch, but neither is USC's defense. And I think ND's defense is over-rated (Pitt). So, can an untested frosh QB beat ND? Did a frosh QB beat Bama? Granted, he had some games under his belt, but still, a freshman going against one of the best defenses in the country. Stranger things have happened....but not this week. "No" Touchdown Jesus has followed ND to California. Bama gets the shot we have all been waiting for (if/when they take care of the 'dogs.) ND 21 USC20

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
FSU beats UF
USC beats ND
UCLA beats Oregon
KState beats UT

Gives us three 1 loss teams

ND, K State, FSU

Can't lose last and move into BCSCG

Leaving FSU or K State

The Computers hate FSU
Like I said, even if ND loses to USC, they will probably still be ahead of K-State in the rankings. The voters dropped K-State to 7-8 in the human polls that make up the BCS. If your scenario happens, I think it would still be Bama vs ND, although the #2 spot would be very close between the two.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
USC has beaten ND 10 out of the last 12 years (I was told today by an ND grad, don't have time to look it up)...granted, ND hasn't exactly been world-beaters in that stretch; but USC would rather beat ND than UCLA. He (ND grad) is scared to death about this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. ND's offense ain't great by any stretch, but neither is USC's defense. And I think ND's defense is over-rated (Pitt). So, can an untested frosh QB beat ND? Did a frosh QB beat Bama? Granted, he had some games under his belt, but still, a freshman going against one of the best defenses in the country. Stranger things have happened....but not this week. "No" Touchdown Jesus has followed ND to California. Bama gets the shot we have all been waiting for (if/when they take care of the 'dogs.) ND 21 USC20
ND fans know that this whole season they have been playing on borrowed time.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
OK..Let's think about this for a second.

If USC loses, nobody's surprised, and as soon as the next game kicks off, nobody will remember the kid's "guarantee".

But let's say that USC does pull this off....the kid will become a mythical figure and go into next season as a Heisman favorite (it's all about hype these days, after all).

And I know it's already been said that the media is basically manufacturing false controversy, but let's say that the kid was wildly brash and said, "I guarantee we'll win. I'll be my scholarship on it."

What is it going to hurt? Does anyone think that Notre Dame can be any more motivated than they already are? They have ONE game to win to go to their first national championship game in about 2 decades. If you need bulletin board material to get up for this game then you don't belong.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Gotta love the confidence. What else can the kid say? I can't imagine an interview where a QB says "I know this my first time starting a game, so I hope I can keep it close and not embarrass myself on national television." USC recruits well and Kiffin is due his annual uspet game so I think anything can happen. I really would enjoy Bama beating the dog snot out of Notre Dame for the crystal football though.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
..turns out he never said the word guarantee one time. All he said was that he was going to do his best to play within himself and to do what the coaches asked of him. Then he said, "We're gonna win this game"..
That's a guarantee of sorts but it wasn't as arrogant as the media has made it sound.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.