Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
just went over to ITAT to see what the village idiots are saying about the investigation. I have to say that are the most consistent bunch of paranoid delusional fanbase in the world. HERE ARE SOME WINNERS:

1. the investigation was leaked today by the REC to eliminate any potential candidate for HC

2. the story broke to have their team lose focus on the Iron Bowl.

3. the investigation was orchestrated from within their own Athletic Dept. to lessen the buyout for Chizik

4. this story is old and has nothing to do with CAM

5. auburn already knew about Jovon Robinson and no specifics were mention.

5. Pat Forde is a Saban henchman

6. Bama must be in trouble if this investigation is coming out at this time

etc., etc, etc.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'll put it this way:

Yahoo Sports next time being wrong on an NCAA investigation story will be the first time. Furthermore, I doubt the power brokers and such around Alabama have much knowledge of this stuff. I imagine that the leak came from the inside Auburn's circle or from the NCAA office. There are people around Auburn who want to create all the publicly known circumstances to fire Chizik. Alabama doesn't seem to need external clutter affecting Auburn to beat them. So what do you think is more likely?

I lean towards this leak coming from the Auburn end. They know some may still believe in Chizik because of that 2010 season but a bad season plus violations is a recipe for unanimous appeal of canning Chizik.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The Big East & ACC are always looking for teams now a days, the SEC should make a donation.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Again, more from Phillip Marshall,

Three days before the Iron Bowl, Auburn is in the news again regarding a reported NCAA investigation.

Most, if not all, of what was reported in a Yahoo report was old news that has been widely known and reported since running back Jovon Robinson of Memphis was ruled ineligible by Auburn officials last August in the wake of accusations that a grade had been changed on his high school transcript.
What is new today is a report by Charles Goldberg of The Birmingham News that players and at least one coach had been interviewed by NCAA investigators.
Here are some questions and answers about what we know:

Q: Has Auburn received any kind of letter of inquiry
A: According to sources who would absolutely know, it has not.

Q: Is the NCAA looking into other matters besides Robinson?
A: No. Of course, when NCAA investigators are around, there is always concern that they will turn over a rock and find something other than what they are looking for.

Q: Why were assistants Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper taken off the road?
A: The widely held assumption is was because of the Memphis matter. However, I have also been told it could be a self-imposed Auburn penalty because of a self-reported secondary violation. Which is it? At this point, I can't say for sure.

Q: Is there hard evidence of wrongdoing by Taylor or Luper?
A: Not that we know of at this point. If the NCAA had hard evidence, it's likely they would have been removed from the field, not just the road. If you recall, a Mississippi State assistant coach was fired because of alleged NCAA violations in Memphis last summer.

Q: Could this hurt Chizik's chances of returning next season as head coach?
A: It can't help.

Q: Could this negatively impact Auburn's search for a new coach should Chizik be dismissed?
A: That's certainly possible. For sure, Auburn officials will have questions to answer from prospective candidates.

Q: Will this be a long process like the Cam Newton investigation?
A: Not likely unless something else turns up.

Q: Would Auburn face devastating sanctions should it be found that a coach knew or should have known a grade was changed?
A: That's impossible to say with any certainty, but if it was found to be an isolated incident and not a pattern, it's not likely that sanctions would be program-destroying.

Q: Would it help Auburn's case if any coaches found to have committed wrongdoing were no longer employed at Auburn?
A: It could help, but it certainly wouldn't mean Auburn got a free pass.

Nothing to see here, move along.........

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010
Well, at least AU is aspiring to be the best at something. If they keep going, they just might catch Arizona State as the #1 Most Corrupt Program. Right now, they sit at #3, but things are sure to change. Keep it down home,cuz.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
Suddenly that buy out clause may not matter when this all washes out. Surely they wouldn't hang one of their own to avoid a bogus payout would they? (Sarcasm intended)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Again, more from Phillip Marshall,

Three days before the Iron Bowl, Auburn is in the news again regarding a reported NCAA investigation.

Most, if not all, of what was reported in a Yahoo report was old news that has been widely known and reported since running back Jovon Robinson of Memphis was ruled ineligible by Auburn officials last August in the wake of accusations that a grade had been changed on his high school transcript.
What is new today is a report by Charles Goldberg of The Birmingham News that players and at least one coach had been interviewed by NCAA investigators.
Here are some questions and answers about what we know:

Q: Has Auburn received any kind of letter of inquiry
A: According to sources who would absolutely know, it has not.

Q: Is the NCAA looking into other matters besides Robinson?
A: No. Of course, when NCAA investigators are around, there is always concern that they will turn over a rock and find something other than what they are looking for.

Q: Why were assistants Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper taken off the road?
A: The widely held assumption is was because of the Memphis matter. However, I have also been told it could be a self-imposed Auburn penalty because of a self-reported secondary violation. Which is it? At this point, I can't say for sure.

Q: Is there hard evidence of wrongdoing by Taylor or Luper?
A: Not that we know of at this point. If the NCAA had hard evidence, it's likely they would have been removed from the field, not just the road. If you recall, a Mississippi State assistant coach was fired because of alleged NCAA violations in Memphis last summer.

Q: Could this hurt Chizik's chances of returning next season as head coach?
A: It can't help.

Q: Could this negatively impact Auburn's search for a new coach should Chizik be dismissed?
A: That's certainly possible. For sure, Auburn officials will have questions to answer from prospective candidates.

Q: Will this be a long process like the Cam Newton investigation?
A: Not likely unless something else turns up.

Q: Would Auburn face devastating sanctions should it be found that a coach knew or should have known a grade was changed?
A: That's impossible to say with any certainty, but if it was found to be an isolated incident and not a pattern, it's not likely that sanctions would be program-destroying.

Q: Would it help Auburn's case if any coaches found to have committed wrongdoing were no longer employed at Auburn?
A: It could help, but it certainly wouldn't mean Auburn got a free pass.

Nothing to see here, move along.........
Marshall's reaction to today's event..LOL

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I still believe that the NCAA purposely made sure nothing came from the Cam saga and Auburn caught a break. I don't believe the NCAA believed it could survive another Heisman and National Championship pull due to a bought player. Or benching him during Auburn's run. The fallout would have been enormous and might have been the event that brought in the paying of players, so I believe they thought.

Auburn is getting a delayed probation on an unrelated matter. They got their national championship and the NCAA side-stepped a bomb with Cam, whom I believe couldn't have stayed in College even if wanted to.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
"NCAA investigating Auburn's football program"

That's kind of like saying it's romantic in Paris, or it's windy in Chicago, or it's hilly in San Francisco. :)

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It fell on mostly deaf ears , but we did foreshadow this nearly 3 months ago :D

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
I can tell you what i know! I work all over this state doing electronic scoreboards & video replay systems. it has to do Robinson in memphis! the story that was revealed to me was that auburn coach's arranged payment to the person in memphis to change some grades to make sure he was eligible to enroll . TENN STUD is a close friend of the person who gave me this info. the name i will not release but they work at FRAYSER HIGH. And rumbleing's has started with this several month's ago when the story first got out. This person told me that i could take it to the bank that the counseler got payed!!!! WE WILL SEE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.