Link: Toomer's oaks - the real story...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Trees don't last forever. Especially when they're abused with toilet paper and finally torched.

I am not sure what it's worth, but they may want to cut their losses, remove the trees and replace with some statues or something.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Actually, a nice hay bale and pumpkin ensemble in the fall would be a nice touch.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Trees don't last forever. Especially when they're abused with toilet paper and finally torched.

I am not sure what it's worth, but they may want to cut their losses, remove the trees and replace with some statues or something.
I'm thinking "Petting Zoo"!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

They could go back to rolling the power lines/power poles like they did before some blathering idiot thought about rolling the trees instead. It's still the dumbest idea I've ever heard, unless placing poop paper trees on the side of their senior rings is even worse...

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
Have you ever seen the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom at Disney World? It's amazing. They obviously wouldn't need anything that big, but I don't understand why they don't hire someone to create a similar tree sculpture and roll that thing whenever they win. Let's face it...they don't give a damn about the trees, they just want something so that they can display to the world that they DO have access to toilet paper.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Have you ever seen the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom at Disney World? It's amazing. They obviously wouldn't need anything that big, but I don't understand why they don't hire someone to create a similar tree sculpture and roll that thing whenever they win. Let's face it...they don't give a damn about the trees, they just want something so that they can display to the world that they DO have access to toilet paper.
Yep. Hard to roll a tree with catalog paper or corn cobs...

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
They have a "tradition" that most people associate with stupid teenagers bored on Halloween night.

Seriously, did you expect intelligence from them?

Especially considering this is an agricultural school.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Any competent welder could build a large metal tree for them to roll.

Fire wouldn't be an issue, because I don't foresee a lot of rolling in their future. ;)

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I'm thinking "Petting Zoo"!
Preferably with live tigers. ;)

Just kidding, personally I hate it for them. Seeing them stooping to the levels of rolling the trees after beating Alabama A&M is just down right pathetic. That would be like a professional chef getting excited for getting hired at McDonalds. Down right embarrassing

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

A mid-sized bronzed up John Deere ?

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
There are odd traditions all across the country.
What I believe differentiates other traditions from the Toomer Oak commode commotion is their deep, animalistic attachment to it.

The Old Oaken Bucket and Paul Bunyan's Axe are much, much older trophies,
but Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota and Michigan actually keep it in perspective.

Auburn's allegiance to those scraggly ol' stumps borders on idolatry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.