National Championship - Overlooking GA (next time , a better title will be required)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: National Championship

After getting a second opportunity to go to the NCG, I'm certain no one will take the Dawgs lightly. Out of the 3 games we have left, it will be our toughest. Saban will have them focused.

BAMAFEVER50

1st Team
Aug 17, 2008
MOODY, AL

Everyone talks as if we are in the NC. I hope the players don't think they have the Ga game won. It is going to be difficult.
You just did the same thing with the Iron bowl. One game at a time playing Alabma football and all will end well for us. RatR!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If we take GA lightly or look past them we will get beat badly. They are a very good team and will play us tough. The Barn is a different story and we will pound them.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia

If we take GA lightly or look past them we will get beat badly. They are a very good team and will play us tough. The Barn is a different story and we will pound them.

Exactly right. Georgia has the players to beat us if we take them too lightly. Bama better hope that Aaron Murray doesn't have his best game of the year like every other QB we've played this year. We, however, have much better coaches. I trust Saban to have this team focused and ready to play.

BTW, what happened to a week off between the end of the regular season and the championship game?

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

Exactly right. Georgia has the players to beat us if we take them too lightly. Bama better hope that Aaron Murray doesn't have his best game of the year like every other QB we've played this year. We, however, have much better coaches. I trust Saban to have this team focused and ready to play.

BTW, what happened to a week off between the end of the regular season and the championship game?

I think the went the way of the DODO when the conference went to a regular season schedule of 12 games.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

SEC eliminated it several years ago. They need to rethink it. SECCG has always been special enough to warrant an extra week of preparation. Will be even more special with the 4 team playoff coming.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL

SEC eliminated it several years ago. They need to rethink it. SECCG has always been special enough to warrant an extra week of preparation. Will be even more special with the 4 team playoff coming.
I'm pretty sure it's now part of the TV contract -- all rivalry games must be played Thanksgiving weekend to provide plenty of "inventory" for CBS and ESPN while everyone's home watching.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I know if the Team is half as pumped as I am for this opportunity they will make the most of it. I see no reason to think CNS will allow them to think about anything other than the next step.

This team gets to show its true character now & will take advantage of it.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL

I'm pretty sure it's now part of the TV contract -- all rivalry games must be played Thanksgiving weekend to provide plenty of "inventory" for CBS and ESPN while everyone's home watching.
It's my understanding that the Iron Bowl will be a week later next year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i don't know why anyone would think that this team, that didn't get the SEC title last year even though it was one of their goals, is going to overlook the SECCG regardless of who we are playing.

add:
i think that we will see our best game of the year so far in the SECCG.

Last edited:
i don't know why anyone would think that this team, that didn't get the SEC title last year even though it was one of their goals, is going to overlook the SECCG regardless of who we are playing.

add:
i think that we will see our best game of the year so far in the SECCG.
This is what I like to hear. We've had a lot of Debby Downers. I think we had a rough spot just like every other team. I can't wait until tomorrow!

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
They will be focused. I cannot see them in anyway overlooking georgia because they are a top 5 team. I cannot say for sure that Alabama will win but they will give their All which is something I can say for sure.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Not staying focussed is my main concern about the next two games for us. If we think that we can just show up at sanford stadium and destroy tech with minimal effort we will get beat. I know coach richt is doing his best to try and keep our guys from looking ahead to the championship game but its hard not to get caught up in all the bcs what ifs and maybes. IMO if tech pulls the upset and ends our chances of playing for a national championship,that we will definitely play our best game of the year(both offensively and defensively)against alabama. If we do beat tech than its just hard to say which team will show up against bama at the dome. We have been a jekyll and hyde team all year. One week we look unbeatable,the next we dont even show up. I know this much we arent gonna beat you guys on talent alone,its gonna take our best effort of the year to win. I am a lot more cofident about beating notre dame (if we can get there) than beating alabama. I thought southern cal may beat notre dame,but that was before matt barkleys replacement for the game(freshman)guaranteed a southern cal win tomorrow. With some fresh bulletin board material for ammo,i think southern cals chances to pull the upset tomorrow just went out the window. Not very bright to be making guarantees like that,notre dames coaching staff will make sure their guys have that hard wired into their players brain bfore kickoff tomorrow for sure.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope the team is ignoring Georgia completely. They aren't playing them tomorrow, they need to focus on the Barn.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I don't think my attitude towards the game will have any impact on the players.

Now if Saban asks me to suit up tomorrow, I'll be worried... and if *I* am suiting up, everyone should be worried ;p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.