Have you ever felt personally responsible for an Alabama win or loss?

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Against UF in 1999 I think the luck from rubbing our pet rabbit's foot actually helped Alabama beat Florida in The Swamp.
Maybe it is just coincidence, but every time we did this, something good happened.

On the other hand, in 2010,I was traveling and did not wear my lucky houndstooth shirt and Alabama lost to USCe.The fact that I was not wearing it was gnawing at me all day and when I heard the final score I felt a cold chill.I still feel a bit of responsibility for this loss.....It still kind of bothers me......

Anyone else ever have an experience like this????
Again, maybe it is all coincidence, but maybe not.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Against UF in 1999 I think the luck from rubbing our pet rabbit's foot actually helped Alabama beat Florida in The Swamp.
Maybe it is just coincidence, but every time we did this, something good happened.

On the other hand, in 2010,I was traveling and did not wear my lucky houndstooth shirt and Alabama lost to USCe.The fact that I was not wearing it was gnawing at me all day and when I heard the final score I felt a cold chill.I still feel a bit of responsibility for this loss.....It still kind of bothers me......

Anyone else ever have an experience like this????
Again, maybe it is all coincidence, but maybe not.
I have always wondered why we didn't win that game. Now, I know.

Where was that houndstooth shirt this year when we played A & M earlier this season?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
No. Luck = Preparation + Opportunity. My favorite philosophical thought from Seneca.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Texas A&M game, I was visiting my dad in Meridian and I felt we lost because I was west of Tuscaloosa. Lol

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Not a bit. I neither wear anything lucky, nor do I do anything consistently. I'm like Earl in the sense that I always wear something Bama, but that's to show support, not because of superstition.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Responsible for win or loss? Absolutely not.

However....I have a loose obsession with Karma. I often tell people that Karma is a (insert bad word) and just happens to be my friend. Anywho....I don't gamble and have a hard rule about any kind of betting where Bama is involved. I might bet a coke on the UF/FSU game for example but I would never do this if it involved Bama. Except twice. Once vs UT 5 or 6 years ago.....and vs Okla St in a bowl game a few years ago. In both cases, i made a TShirt bet and ended up wearing orange to work.....and I've always felt that I 100% deserved it.

tidegrad92

Scout Team
Dec 1, 2000
North Carolina
I'm not very superstitious, but I always wear some Bama gear, whether in the stadium or at home, during the game...
My whole family (wife and two daughters) wears our Bama gear on game day regardless of watching on TV or going to the game. I have changed shirts and hats if we were playing badly while watching at home though. Always sporting Bama support though!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I do believe in "Karma"..When The Viles tried to takes us down during the "Phat Phil" Era..Look how far they've fallen..It's come back to bite them with a vengeance..Just cause of the dirty way they went about doing it..Same goes for The Barners..When they tried "Operation Red Dog" in the Gadsden area to get us in trouble with the NCAA..Look how far they've fallen..

Instead of fighting fire with fire..We went about our business by improving our facilities & hiring the best HC in the game..Now look how far we've improved & separated for the good from The Barners & The Viles..And the good "Karma" has rewarded us with the strongest & most dominant football program in the game today..

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
Two things I learned a long time ago (1) I no longer make predictions on wins or scores. I tell people now that just when you think you know everything,GOD will step in and show you what you don't know.
(2) I live by the if you can't take it don't dish it out rule.(I can't take it)
So yeah, I feel that some of my past predictions have been lessons learned. Sorry

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
When I first started to school at Bama, a friend introduced me to one of the cheerleaders. I didn't make it to the first home game of the season and UF beat us 35-0 or something like that in Gainesville in the second game of the season. Before the second home game that year (1991), I went down to the field and talked to the cheerleader and she gave me a shaker and told me I'd better yell and shake the hell out of it. I kept that same shaker for the next two years and even took it to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl in 1993. During the 1993 season, I accidentally left it at someone's house after the game just before the LSU game that year. I didn't go get it before that game and that was the first game that we lost since I had gotten that shaker. So, I felt responsible for that loss. I went back to that person's house to get the shaker, but we couldn't find it. Someone must have took it with them.

I went to visit a friend before football season in 1994 and we were hanging out with a couple of the cheerleaders at that time. I told one of them about the shaker and she went up to her apartment and got me one and told me that was my new lucky shaker. I kept it the entire season, but it must have not been as lucky since we lost to Florida in the SECCG that year. After a couple of losses in 95, I kind of lost interest in that shaker. I've still got it somewhere in my stuff, but we're using shakers that we got more recently now. They've done fairly well.

N AL Tider

1st Team
Jun 18, 2007
Sweet Home AL
I know it wasn't me but...the 07 game against Arkansas..I left my seat twice and good things happened. Well on the last drive, I left my seat again and headed toward the concession to listen to Eli...when the crowed cheered I ran down to celebrate with my buddies! Sad thing is the touchdown was right in front of us..but I'll take it for a win!!!

This year...I kept my two year old daughter up to help cheer us on against LSWho...she and I were up jumping and cheering. I would say Defense; she would clap. On the last drive, I'd say we've gotta score...she'd cheer we gotta score yeah, yeah...it was awesome when we scored just because it was a great time with my daughter!

I let her sleep during the A&M game.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
In the 2005 I was at the LSU game and was really excited because we were undefeated and I thought I would finally see us win a championship (I was born in 91). I sat in the upper deck with a family friend and my mother sat alone in the lower bowl. At halftime we were dominating and up 10-0 and my mom said we could switch places so I could have a better seat....LSU went on to score 10 in the 3rd and beat us in overtime...

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida
No that is crazy......but if you try to move my chair (front left chair leg has to be on the same tile each week) I, as well as every die hard in the room, will lose our minds.......felt personally responsible....no way....but if you do not give a high five to EVERYONE in the room every time Bama scores we will lose........but we are not superstitious at all......;) To me it's a lot of fun to have quirky little things that become tradition amongst friends......roll tide....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.