SEC ended any argument about their justification in the polls today

4thGenBamaGrad

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Boca Raton, FL
Nice job by the SEC in their 4 matchups against the ACC today (including Vandy)!

SEC will end up with 6 teams in the Top 10 of the final BCS standings. All of the losses incurred by these teams' were at the hands of these 6 teams.

All of which makes it hard for even the SEC-bashers (including the ones who are propagating the recent meme of SEC favorable conference game scheduling tactics) to make the case for anyone other than the SEC champion in the title game..

Look forward to seeing these teams take care of business in the post-season.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Well said. i know some don't care for how the rest of the conference does, but today showed that if you can navigate through the SEC with success, you're among the best in the nation.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
S-E-C!! S-E-C!! Can't wait for Bama to claim the conference championship next week and then the SEVENTH STRAIGHT national title for the SEC!! Best conference in college football by far!!

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
'Year of the SEC'

#2 Alabama: 11-1
#3 Georgia: 11-1
#4 Florida: 11-1
#7 LSU: 10-2
#9 Texas A&M: 10-2
#12 South Carolina: 10-2
Miss State: 8-4
Vanderbilt: 8-4

(rankings will most likely change tomorrow)

I post all these records to prove a point. I've read and heard people say the SEC is "top heavy" and only have 3 or 4 good teams then say the rest of the conference sucks. I hate that statement. The top 7 SEC teams only lost to teams in the SEC. Vandy only lost 1 out of conference game and have a winning conference record of 5-3.

The SEC will put a team in the National Title Game regardless of the outcome of the SECCG. Either Alabama or Georgia will go. And this will be the 7th consecutive year an SEC team competes for the Title and it gives them a chance to win 7 in a row. How can anyone with a brain in their head not realize the SEC is the best conference in the nation? After 6 years you would think they would understand.

Roll Tide Roll! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The SEC dominated today.
I love hearing that VANDY blew someone out of the water.

The SEC haters hit that proverbial brick wall today... :)

Our bench finished off an Auburn team that was both clueless, undisciplined and frustrated.
Like the Auburn fans their team clearly had rather have been somewhere else...
Our win over Auburn was the 'POOP' on top of Chiziks resume...
(He's gonna need that soon, the resume that is...)

'So long Ferret Face'... (Best line from MASH)

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
The 5th and 6th SEC team was better than any SEC team in that slot as far as I can recall. You can argue that the SEC has been better at the very top (last year for example), but I don't think you can find any years in which 4-6 were that good. The fact is any of those 6 teams could be title contenders in another conference. The ACC match-ups really showed a whole lot.

Auburn and Tennessee probably say the most though. Yes, Auburn was terrible but they played Clemson close and won their other three OOC. Clemson beat 9 teams by more than they beat Auburn. Auburn probably has a winning record playing in the ACC. Tennessee? They won all their OOC games, including a 7-5 NC State team that knocked off FSU, but they only muster one SEC win. They play in the ACC? I'm betting winning record as well. It just speaks to the dominance of the SEC, as you have to be extremely good to win at all.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No one with any knowledge of college football can say the SEC is not the top conference in football.
Having the knowledge is one thing. Using that knowledge in an intellegent manner is another. There are those out there who will always be biased regardless of W/L record, BCS ranking or SOS relative to the SEC. Most all CFB fans outside the SEC banner are aching for a different flag to wave at the end of the year. This won't be the year. The domers are independent so should they win that will create an all new argument. Yes I know we didn't play in or win our conference game last year but being independent guarantees that 13th game won't be played prior to the bowl game.

The facts dont lie. The SEC is, without a doubt, the strongest overall conference.

RTR!!!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A Hornfan understands why Texas A&M has better recond than Texas:

They're in an easier conference when it comes to offenses. Nothing to fear in being scored on.

The most points scored on them all season was 57 by La. Tech of WAC. Prior to tonight's game with Missouri, all 7 of their SEC opponents TOGETHER have only scored 139 total.

In the SEC they've had these whopping points scored on them:
20, Florida
10, Arkansas
27, Ole Miss
24, LSU
21, Auburn
13, Miss. State
24, Alabama

Avg. 19.89 pts per game... call it 20.

So, they're in a conference that averages 3 touchdowns a game scoring against them. Big 12 teams would score that on them in 20 minutes of play.

Maybe they've come up with a stellar defense in one year. But I doubt it. The SEC just can't throw up points, not on a scale and with regularity as in the Big 12. I can't name two quarterbacks in the SEC outside of A&M and Alabama's. Mettz..whatever for LSU. Oh, Watson from Ole Miss. But other than Manziel there's not a quarterback threat in the entire SEC to strike the fear of God in your defensive coordinator.

Hats off to A&M for figuring it out. Go to the SEC and figure out a high-octane offense and you can win 80% of your games because nobody over there can move the ball.

It's never been that their defenses are that good -- it's that their freaking offenses are not that good. As proved by A&M in one year. The Aggies are playing like Ok-State and Texas Tech, and doing an even better job of it. Lot of thanks to Kliff Kingsbury who learned offense at Tech and perfected it in the Big 12 then UH, and now taking it to a new level.

Against defenses that can't stop that kind of play. As shown this season. Meanwhile, A&M's defense is shutting down the SEC to the tune of 20 points per game, none over 27. Try doing that in the Big 12. In even half the conference games.

A&M has averaged 36 pts against their first 7 SEC opponents, and are up 42-10 against Missouri in the 3rd qtr tonight.
17, Florida
58, Ark
30, Ole Miss
19, LSU
63, Auburn
38, Miss State
29, Alabama

I suppose Missouri deflates this argument, but who knows, LOL.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

They're in an easier conference when it comes to offenses. Nothing to fear in being scored on.

The most points scored on them all season was 57 by La. Tech of WAC. Prior to tonight's game with Missouri, all 7 of their SEC opponents TOGETHER have only scored 139 total.

20, Florida
10, Arkansas
27, Ole Miss
24, LSU
21, Auburn
13, Miss. State
24, Alabama

So, they're in a conference that averages 3 touchdowns a game scoring against them. Big 12 teams would score that on them in 20 minutes of play.

Maybe they've come up with a stellar defense in one year. But I doubt it. The SEC just can't throw up points, not on a scale and with regularity as in the Big 12. I can't name two quarterbacks in the SEC outside of A&M and Alabama's. Mettz..whatever for LSU. Oh, Watson from Ole Miss. But other than Manziel there's not a quarterback threat in the entire SEC to strike the fear of God in your defensive coordinator.

Hats off to A&M for figuring it out. Go to the SEC and figure out a high-octane offense and you can win 80% of your games because nobody over there can move the ball.

It's never been that their defenses are that good -- it's that their freaking offenses are not that good. As proved by A&M in one year. The Aggies are playing like Ok-State and Texas Tech, and doing an even better job of it. Lot of thanks to Kliff Kingsbury who learned offense at Tech and perfected it in the Big 12 then UH, and now taking it to a new level.

Against defenses that can't stop that kind of play. As shown this season. Meanwhile, A&M's defense is shutting down the SEC to the tune of 20 points per game, none over 27. Try doing that in the Big 12. In even half the conference games.

A&M has averaged 36 pts against their first 7 SEC opponents, and are up 42-10 against Missouri in the 3rd qtr tonight.
17, Florida
58, Ark
30, Ole Miss
19, LSU
63, Auburn
38, Miss State
29, Alabama

Colt, is that you?

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I finally get to go through the whole bowl season and pull for all the SEC teams to win. I know most of you do anyway, but I absolutely have never been able to make myself want the barn or the viles win anything more meaningful than maybe some intramural lawn darts against some Ivy League teams.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
I finally get to go through the whole bowl season and pull for all the SEC teams to win. I know most of you do anyway, but I absolutely have never been able to make myself want the barn or the viles win anything more meaningful than maybe some intramural lawn darts against some Ivy League teams.
Won't have to worry about that this year

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
I'm right there with you on that.

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN

20, Florida
10, Arkansas
27, Ole Miss
24, LSU
21, Auburn
13, Miss. State
24, Alabama

17, Florida
58, Ark
30, Ole Miss
19, LSU
63, Auburn
38, Miss State
29, Alabama

People that say this are simply haters who fail to accept that, when it counts in the BCSCG, their view (limited knowledge) is exposed as fraud. Their high-octane offenses that score 45 points a game throughout the season are only scoring 15 ppg in the BCSCG. Meanwhile, those terrible SEC offenses are scoring 33 if I remember correctly.

What it amounts to is someone trying to make facts fit their invalid argument.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.