Kenny Bell's injury - vs. GA ?

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Re: How bad does Kenny Bell's injury hurt?

Some of you who say we are deep and it won't hurt are wishful and getting pretty cocky. Bell was 2nd in the nation in yards per catch I think. It will hurt us but may not kill us.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Some of you who say we are deep and it won't hurt are wishful and getting pretty cocky. Bell was 2nd in the nation in yards per catch I think. It will hurt us but may not kill us.
That's because he was only thrown to in deep ball situations. I'm telling you that Cooper is as fast and has better hands. While I want Kenny to be healthy and available, our game plan has never once, since he's been here, relied on him being in the game. It's not being cocky, it's just reality. He's a primary threat in the deep game along with Cooper, he'll be missed but not as much as you apparently think.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Haven't noticed anyone at all saying that it won't hurt us...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Haven't ever broke my leg but I would bet it would hurt real bad! Maybe someone will ask him and he will tell us. And as someone else said he should get some good meds to help him deal with the pain. I'm pretty sure he will be busting his tail to get back ASAP! ;)

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Haven't ever broke my leg but I would bet it would hurt real bad! Maybe someone will ask him and he will tell us. And as someone else said he should get some good meds to help him deal with the pain. I'm pretty sure he will be busting his tail to get back ASAP! ;)
I have and it does. It's a good sign that he was able to be back out there on the sideline supporting those guys in the second half. Sometimes there are issues besides pain that would prevent someone from being able to do that.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

it sucks, but shouldnt be crushing considering coop and norwood run the deep routes as well. I wonder if we will see the red shirt come off Chris Black, now that he's back at practice and we may be short handed.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I have and it does. It's a good sign that he was able to be back out there on the sideline supporting those guys in the second half. Sometimes there are issues besides pain that would prevent someone from being able to do that.
I must admit Chris Black crossed my mind also. From what I was told in the off season, barring injury both Black and Cooper were good enough to start. When a player is that good, you only get three years anyway. It will be interesting to see how much contact he gets if any. I would think if we beat UGA and he is the best option its worth a redshirt.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It hurts, obviously. If Alabama could have stayed injury free that would have been fantastic. As it is, yes we have to worry. Can you imagine what this offense would look like with everyone at RB and WR? I think the interesting thing is to see what the status of Chris Black is. Yes, you don't burn a red-shirt over nothing, but this is the SEC Championship Game and hopefully the National Championship game. If you are going to have a two game season, this is it.

I would think that everything is on the table right now for Saban. I'd be digging around the injured players and redshirts to see if anyone could help win these next two games. In terms of the injury, it's all relative, but it's astounding to think of who has been lost at WR. First we know Duron never made the field, then Black got hurt, then White, now Bell (who I hope can somehow make it back in time for the bowl game).

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.

His speed on the crossing routes is what we will miss the most, and was where he turned a lot of 10 yd gains into explosive plays.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I am watching the game again and I hate knowing that we won't see Bell out there anymore. He is so talented and fast.

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010

its definetly going to hurt without his experience, but i feel we have others that can step up. christian jones, cyrus jones and shinn need to be ready. from what i have heard and seen from some videos, black is gonna be a superstar. if he is 100%, i say give him a chance..

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

We recruit these guys at high level that expect to be gone in 3 years(4 at most). Black even with a burnt RS would still have 3 seasons to play after this and from I read prior to the injury was expected to play this season as a true freshman. Remember Black was an EE and wa shere for spring camp. He has already been practicing. He also was the higher rated comingout of HS over Cooper. Without looking I do not think any WR recruit has been rated higher under Saban except Julio. The kid has the ability. Whether or not the staff feels he is ready we will find out soon enough.

Another name to watch for is Cyrus Jones who has seen time in ST and is very fast. To bad E Williams fif not work out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.