Gene Chizik fired - now what?

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Ha. Good one. He really tried hard to get Mal to give him the job, then he went with Frannie and washed out of A&M long before Fran did (what was it something like OU 77-0?). What is it about supposedly great DC gurus going somewhere else and producing defenses that are a laughing stock?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea he did fairly well here and seemed really heartbroken when he had to leave. He has posted a few good defenses in his day, but when they were bad, they were BAD!

I think he only made it 2 or 3 years at aTm if that long.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Torbush's defenses here were pretty strong, I liked him. But man, did he ever get torched @ ATM. Just wow.
Meh...I'd quibble a bit. His 2002 unit was pretty stout, but the 2001 squad was the most porous pass defense I've ever seen fielded at Alabama.

Really, looking at Torbush's career the 2002 season at Alabama was an anomaly. That unit had pretty good talent and leadership. His defenses were routinely crushed at North Carolina, Texas A&M and later Kansas under Turner Gill.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.