Gene Chizik fired - now what?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

you're au friend sounds smart.

No seriously that's one of the dumbest moves i've ever heard of. If they like Rico so much, hire him as your their coach. Otherwise why hamstring your new coach with a bad staff?
Yea that would be crazy, but of course look who we are talking about as well. No coach worth anything would agree to this mess. The barners better hope they hire a coach that doesn't take any mess but we all know they would never happen. They want a "yes" guy and before it's over they'll have to hire a coordinator, Gus, or Petrino after every other coach turns them down. Either way it's a good thing for us!!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

All the HC talk is meaningless unless JJ oh excuse me Pat Dye is forced out.

They have Always had Left Overs for Any new coach to deal with. HC at API is just a figure head, we all know who rus the program from the outside for the last 20 years. So, don't dismiss it when someone says they heard so & so will stay. Logical thinking at API?

Unless these folks are shown the door then nothing will ever change at API. I for one hope they don't fire JJ & dismiss Dye. They are really good for API football.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

All the HC talk is meaningless unless JJ oh excuse me Pat Dye is forced out.

They have Always had Left Overs for Any new coach to deal with. HC at API is just a figure head, we all know who rus the program from the outside for the last 20 years. So, don't dismiss it when someone says they heard so & so will stay. Logical thinking at API?

Unless these folks are shown the door then nothing will ever change at API. I for one hope they don't fire JJ & dismiss Dye. They are really good for API football.

I believe PFD has talked up VanGorder this year as well.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

I find it most interesting that "GM" Tim Jackson is being re-assigned outside football, apparently.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Ditka to interview

"This just in: the grim reaper came today for Ditka. It wasn't even close. Ditka kicked the crap out of him so bad that the reaper begged for mercy and asked if Ditka would accept a stroke. Ditka allowed it to happen because the reaper was so pitiful, weeping like a child. The stroke took 2% of Ditka's brain capacity. Now, the stroke that attacked Ditka is the second most knowledgeable football entity on earth."

gmoney

1st Team
Apr 12, 2009
decatur,al

Would be fine with a Petrino hire. He will win them some games, maybe even against us, but he leaves every program worse than he found it. That would be good with me.
could he possibly leave the barn in worse shape than they already are in, would really like to see that

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If they want to hire a coach as good as Coach Saban (if that's possible), the JJ's, the Dye's and all others must go. The house needs to be cleaned and the infestation of termites and rats has to be exterminated. If they want a Coach Saban type coach, just fire everybody and let the new coach hire the new A.D. et al so there is a supportive team and environment.

If we had a young Coach Bryant type, do you think he would accept the job with all that rif raf down there on the Plains? If I were as good as a Coach Saban or Coach Bryant, I'd tell them that if I were hired, I'd be the one in charge of everything related to athletics and if the higher administration and Board of Trustees were not supportive of my efforts they can just hire Coach Dye, et al. My salary would need to be at least $10 million a year to deal with the headaches and my wife would also need a $5 million a year salary to put up with me during the transition from turning the Barn from a loser to being a winner. The winning would begin with the first year hopefully. At least there would be ONLY winners on the playing field and in the locker room. It would be similar to a Junction, TX situation regarding work ethic. You gotta know who wants to play and who wants to get in trouble. You gotta know who's a WINNER and who is a LOSER! The losers have got to go! You must show Class or your 2/3 of class has to go!

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

They lost by an average of 35-10 in conference play, if my math is correct. Pretty frigging horrible.

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010

I have to believe this dribble about a coaching search is BS. They already know who the next coach is. Petrino is my bet. They actually believe he can come in and rule the SEC at AU. Someone needs to look and see if a new motorcycle parking area has been created at the athletic complex in Auburn.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

Too bad Chizik had to go. I was enjoying his stay there more and more. Petrino would fit in perfectly there. A match made in hell for both of them.
The Auburn cult is deeply divided over Petrino, which is a good thing.
There's an old saying about houses divided.

Besides, a Petrino hire makes a mockery of that voodoo chant they call a creed.

tide rider

3rd Team
Oct 17, 2007

The "all in" coach is out and the door shut in his face. So much for the all in family.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.

I have browsed a couple of their sites today and barners are flat out hysterical. I feel dirty, but entertained thouroughly. Man they are cultish. They don't don't take well to opposing views and even a touch of non-biased discussion is met with contempt and down right meaness. Crazy for a bunch that just fired a coach who is better than Saban. (I know this because several told me so and PFD believes it) What a bunch, These people live among us. (whith apologies to those who are in houses divided.)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

What was that Dye said about Chizik vs Saban? Wasn't it that he would not trade Chizik for 10 Sabans?

Well he traded Chizik for NO Sabans!

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

While I hate that Chizik was fired, I love that it is in a year when Auburn is probably the third best job opening in the SEC this year after Tennessee and Arkansas.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

you're au friend sounds smart.

No seriously that's one of the dumbest moves i've ever heard of. If they like Rico so much, hire him as your their coach. Otherwise why hamstring your new coach with a bad staff?
Passing along some information, chop. Why don't we see how things turn out. Besides, it's not as if Auburn hasn't shown the willingness to do some odd things with coaches' contracts.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Maybe I misread, but my understanding was that the entire staff was pink-slipped and that in order to remain, they had to reapply for their job and get rehired by the next HC. Am I wrong here?

Also, CheeseDip's parting gift of 7.5 mil from the University of Auburn was to be offset by the amount of his salary at his next coaching job, having afforded him a "reasonable" amount of time to land a job. But he gets a nice chunk of change at any rate.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

I wish my boss would call me in his office and say, "You suck at your job, here's $7.5M for your severance." I would thank him and go away quietly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.