Gene Chizik fired - now what?

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

They just might end up with Petrino because he is damaged goods right now and they will never attract anyone else that comes close to his coaching ability. Although Petrino would be wise to pass and set out another year or so.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Finebaum said that Gouge was not even at the game. Talk about ridiculous.

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.

I hope he is able to find something soon, I do hate seeing someone lose a job. I feel bad for his family and the players.
Chizik should never coach again. I would suggest televangelism as a future career.

Chizik is not a "good person". He cares only about himself, despite all of his religious puffery. He was entrusted with the well being of the young men that were recruited to Auburn, and he did nothing for them.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

With Cheezwhiz' recent record, I doubt he would get any legitimate offers. I mean, not even a high school would want to hire a coach who can't motivate his players to win a single conference game!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

A caller to Fbaum asked him straight out, "Why is Trooper Taylor still employed at Auburn when the rest of the coaches were fired?"

He said "Because he wants to be. Somebody probably told him to just keep going in to work and he did. Nobody there wants to confront him about it so they just don't.":D

Cracked me up.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

A caller to Fbaum asked him straight out, "Why is Trooper Taylor still employed at Auburn when the rest of the coaches were fired?"
Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.
This is correct. Usually one carryover is kept in the office to maintain contact with the recruits/prospects (there really is a difference). Trooper is both logical and also a puzzle. He's their best recruiter, without any doubt, but he's also the reason they'll be receiving sanctions - he's been off the road for months. It begins to look like another case of AU "rolling the dice..."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Did they fire any of the other coaches or are they waiting until the new guy is hired and then he gets to fire them?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Did they fire any of the other coaches or are they waiting until the new guy is hired and then he gets to fire them?
They were fired and told they could reapply for jobs with the new head coach.

Posted by Im_on_dsp Because someone from *uburn has to keep calling whatever recruiting commitments they have and try to keep them on board until the new staff can take over.
I know, I just found Fbaums pot stirring amusing.

Last edited:

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
It doesn't mean they'll be kept. They're just being kept around to try to hold recruits. Remember Carl what's his name, the DC, did it when Fran left (he also lobbied for the HC job). Who did it for Shula? Kines? Didn't Lance do it when Kiffie left UT? Interesting though about troopa and loopa and the NZAA. Boogs probably feel they have no other choice to try to hold onto recruits and have to risk it. I hope it comes back to bite them in the butt big time. A great catch 22 - try to hold a recruit but hopefully get nailed worse by NCAA. Couldn't happen to a more sleazy bunch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.