Gene Chizik fired - now what?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

Well there you have it. Auburn fans rejoicing. Wonder if they'll roll toomers?

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

I told everyone in the post-game thread to check the Sunday paper obituaries and you will see that Gene Chiziks job and Auburn football has died. Cause of death: An hour long mauling by Saban and Co.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Breaking News: Gene Chizik fired!

You'll get no gloating over this from me. Never like to see anyone lose a job. Particularly since other families' Income is tied to this. Leoffler & VanGorder just moved their families and now here they go again. No love for Auburn, but from a human side I feel for them. Not to mention Chizik losing his mother in the midst of all this.

But the coaching profession being what it is, I know they'll all land on their feet somewhere.

Meanwhile, SNASS

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

That makes two *u coaches to get the axe since Coach Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. Both being shutout by the Tide during their last game.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Not to many coaches are going to survive at Auburn when they lose two years in a row to Bama by a combined score of 91-14. Best of luck to Chizik. He may be a grade A dufus, but I think he's actually a decent human being. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

We already broke it on the football thread last night :) We said within 24 hours.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
You'll get no gloating over this from me. Never like to see anyone lose a job. Particularly since other families' Income is tied to this. Leoffler & VanGorder just moved their families and now here they go again. No love for Auburn, but from a human side I feel for them. Not to mention Chizik losing his mother in the midst of all this.

But the coaching profession being what it is, I know they'll all land on their feet somewhere.

Meanwhile, SNASS
I concur

Cleburne

1st Team
Jun 16, 2011
Heart of Dixie

Great! No more commercials with Chizik riding around around in a Ford truck saying war eagle and hauling tp around.

BamaScooter16

1st Team
Aug 2, 2006
McCalla, AL

The article said that all assistants were fired by Jacobs, but could reapply to whoever is named as the next head coach.

I saw a comment on there that some of them wanted Trooper to replace Chizik. Silly barners.....

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Meanwhile, SNASS
Yep, I have to agree.. My Dad lost his job of over 25 years last week due to the union strike on Hostess. He is near retirement age and will looking for a job in a tough market weeks before Christmas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.