2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Some new reports coming out that Gus will let all assistants go and indications are that may include Troop. Indications are ALL will be let go.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
The mighty, they have fallen:

Erik Ainge ‏@ErikAinge3
If we can't get a damn coach out of Louisville then I'm gonna freak the hell out! This is Tennessee not MTSU! I'm sick of this crap!
love it, he's a ......

UT is petty much out of choices to make a big impact hire, Petrino is the only name left and I still dont think Slyve will let that happen. I suppose we're about to find out.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Where do you go from here if you're Tennessee?
Not Petrino. Art Briles is still there. Randy Shannon would like to get back into coaching. Or...here's an idea, hire John Chavis! He'd walk from Baton Rouge for the job.

I'll say about this job what I said about the Auburn job. Forget about trying to make a hire that will excite your fan base. You know what will REALLY excite your fan base? Winning ball games August thru November. And there are at least a few head coaches or former head coaches who can do that and certainly a coordinator or two that can.

I don't care if they bring back General Neyland, if they don't win ball games, nobody will come to the games.

The name of the game is winning. And if they get over themselves and understand that, there are a LOT of bright young coordinators who are ready to be the next Boom Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, or Kevin Sumlin

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not Petrino. Art Briles is still there. Randy Shannon would like to get back into coaching. Or...here's an idea, hire John Chavis! He'd walk from Baton Rouge for the job.

I'll say about this job what I said about the Auburn job. Forget about trying to make a hire that will excite your fan base. You know what will REALLY excite your fan base? Winning ball games August thru November. And there are at least a few head coaches or former head coaches who can do that and certainly a coordinator or two that can.

I don't care if they bring back General Neyland, if they don't win ball games, nobody will come to the games.

The name of the game is winning. And if they get over themselves and understand that, there are a LOT of bright young coordinators who are ready to be the next Boom Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, or Kevin Sumlin
yup, nailed it

personally I hope no one in the UT fan base takes your advice and no one in the admin has the guts to try to do it right. They are so focused on "the big splash" that they can't see straight. It's fun to watch

I see quite a few around the web saying that Hart is at fault "shouldn't have fired Dooley without a coach in his back pocket". Like they would't have crucified Hart by now if he hadn't fired Dooley yet?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hmmm...that speaks volumes...no wonder Bret left.
Couple things: Bret's wife instantly moves the SEC wife group to the top of the list. He outkicked his coverage by the length of the field. He brought her out to do the hog call.

Also, in his Presser he backtracked on his derogatory remarks about the SEC last summer. Alluded to the fact that he was looking for a new challenge even before the Arkansas job became available. And he said flat out that one of his biggest challenges that he had at Wisconsin was that the university wasn't wired to really pay for good assistants. That can definitely hamper things. Doubt he has those same struggles at Arkansas

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He might not be a popular choice with Vile Fans..I would go after Coach Johnson from Georgia Tech..I think he would do good there..That's just my opinion..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.