Remember when the SEC Championship Game was on ABC?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
??????? Who do you get your cable from, Vinnie's Cable and Catering Emporium? Dropping CBS? Who in the world would stay with them after dropping a major network?
I have Charter. From what Charter is telling us, some company called "LIN TV" is demanding higher fees from Charter in order for them to continue to carry CBS, the CW, and Fox. The local CBS affiliate here in Birmingham (WIAT 42) has been running a crawler since around mid-October stating that if a new deal between Charter and this LIN TV is not reached by 11/29/12, then at 4:00 pm on that date, CBS will be removed from Charter's line up. The funny thing is, I have not seen any such crawler on the CW or FOX channels, but I guess this applies to them as well. WIAT 42 has informed us that as of today, (which is 11/28, one day from the deadline) negotiations between the two parties at a standstill. So, I am taking that to mean that barring some kind of last minute miracle, those three networks are as good as gone from Charter. And Charter's "advice" to us? "Call up LIN TV and tell them that you don't want to lose these networks." I called this LIN TV and told them just that. They told me "okay". So, I don't think they care all that much. But, I've got my portable 7" ready just in case. I haven't watched tv on something that small in many many years. :biggrin:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Best announcer of all time= Keith Jackson
Best duo = Mike Gottfried and Ron Franklin
Mike Gottfried is a part of the Mobile Alabama Gottriend clan, or somewhere near. It was a sad day when he had a stroke, not only for he and family, but the fans. He was at ESPN during their Golden Years right when the motto was still "Thank God for ESPN".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.