Good place for watching SEC CG in Atlanta?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I'd like to watch the SEC CG in Atlanta but around Bama folks (as many as possible). My brother and I went to Hudson Grill in Midtown back in 09. It was a great atmosphere. Only 2 Florida fans and the rest mostly Bama fans (about 200 folks). Haven't been back there and don't know if it's still a Bama crowd there. Anyone who is a Georgiabama fan like myself who might know? The Arena Tavern in Gwinnett was a nightmare for BCSNCG against Texas. Saw a guy there wearing Bama gear who called Big Al, "Aubie". No lie. I'd like to get away from cigarette smoke if at all possible.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'd like to watch the SEC CG in Atlanta but around Bama folks (as many as possible). My brother and I went to Hudson Grill in Midtown back in 09. It was a great atmosphere. Only 2 Florida fans and the rest mostly Bama fans (about 200 folks). Haven't been back there and don't know if it's still a Bama crowd there. Anyone who is a Georgiabama fan like myself who might know? The Arena Tavern in Gwinnett was a nightmare for BCSNCG against Texas. Saw a guy there wearing Bama gear who called Big Al, "Aubie". No lie. I'd like to get away from cigarette smoke if at all possible.
smiths old bar in midtown usually has a lot of bama folks. don't know if they still smoke there or not, long time since ive been.

you may want to check here too bama in atlanta

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I usually do upstairs at the Hudson Grillle in Midtown. It is very pro Bama. I watched the LSU game at Stats this year. There were a lot of Bama fans there.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
I'm thinking the Taco Mac is going to be FULL of people with the same idea. And full of Georgia fans. Most aren't bad but I tend to not enjoy watching games with them (even if they don't involve UGA) as they tend to get obliterated when they watch any game. Nothing wrong with a few brews but not so much where you could get yourself thrown in jail.

See you guys at the Hudson Grill downtown. You'll know we're from Alabama if you run into us and not from Atlanta. :-D RTR!!!

Last edited:

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I'm thinking the Taco Mac is going to be FULL of people with the same idea. And full of Georgia fans. Most aren't bad but I tend to not enjoy watching games with them (even if they don't involve UGA) as they tend to get obliterated when they watch any game. Nothing wrong with a few but not so much where you could get yourself thrown in jail.

See you guys at the Hudson Grill downtown. You'll know we're from Alabama if you run into us and not from Atlanta. :-D RTR!!!
I would go a little early if you want to get a seat on the second floor with the Bama fans.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
There used to be a Bama-themed sports bar near the Buckhead area, but it's probably been 6-7 yrs since I've been there. Does anyone remember the name of it or if it is still even there?

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
There used to be a Bama-themed sports bar near the Buckhead area, but it's probably been 6-7 yrs since I've been there. Does anyone remember the name of it or if it is still even there?
You are probably thinking of the Cheyenne Grille. We went there even after the alumni association moved their official viewing site and it was still great. However before last year's national championship game I called to see if they still played Yea Alabama and all that and they said the new owner stopped doing all the extra stuff to make the atmosphere better for Bama fans. I don't know if people still go there but I doubt it is the same as it was.

cuddlemonkey

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2011
Mobile, AL
We never got to go due to scheduling conflicts, but my brother and I were planning on going to Smith's Olde Town Bar for the Bama/Arky game. Our understanding is that it's a pretty pro-Bama place.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
We never got to go due to scheduling conflicts, but my brother and I were planning on going to Smith's Olde Town Bar for the Bama/Arky game. Our understanding is that it's a pretty pro-Bama place.
Cuddles, is it a smoky place? Just curious. I still may brave it if it is. Some atmosphere would be good. Don't want to have to drive to Tuscaloosa just to watch the game in a bar but I may have to consider it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.