Link: Say it isn't so - white helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
As has been pointed out, Perkins's teams wore white helmets in the 80s (for a few games). Bryant's did in the 60s. It might be fun to break them out once every 25 years or so - not because it defies tradition, but because it IS our tradition.

That said, there is NO WAY Saban would deviate from the norm in any way for the SEC CG. Saban is all about developing a routine and sticking to it. We'll wear the white helmets some other time.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I think that we should wear entirely white uniforms and allow them to slowly become Crimson during the duration of the game from the blood of our opponents. :wink:

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
This past Friday before the IB, I met Tom Albetar at his store. He has a #10 White helmet that AJ was suppose to use for a bowl game within the last couple of years. I don't know which bowl game it was but AJ just signed it and gave it to Tom since they decided not to wear them. It actually looks pretty good even though I prefer the crimson helmets.

BTW, there was no price on the helmet.

Last edited:

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
We used to wear them a good bit. White with crimson stripe and numbers on the side. They looked great with the white unis.
We wore them in the '71 game with USC in L.A. where we unveiled our switch to the wishbone, and in some other games that year. In '83 I remember Alabama wearing them on the road and some at home. They didn't look as good at home games with the crimson jerseys, imo.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
White helmets is part of our tradition, I think we wore them on road games. I'm all for it. as long as we have crimson numerals & stripe. Grey faskmask just like the old day's. Would not be bad. How about crimson pant's with white stripes. over the black shoes

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Not to mention that it's a Schutt helmet, and we wear Riddell...RTR!!!
I believe the players get to decide which brand of helmet they wear. If I'm not mistaken, Maze wore a Schutt Air. I believe Greg McElroy wore one up until he got that bad concussion in the barn game.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I could see us wearing white helmets for one reason only---easier player recognition.
For instance the coaches wear white shirts when our players wear crimson jerseys so they are more easily seen on the sidelines and don't blend in with the players. If we wear white jerseys the coaches wear crimson etc.
With Georgia having similar colored helmets and as detail oriented as Coach Saban is I could see him thinking white helmets may help A.J. pick up our receivers easier on down field routes and to eliminate any possible confusion.
I know that seems like a stretch but the man leaves no stone unturned.
Personally however I don't like them. Gimmee some Crimson any day.
sip

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I could see us wearing white helmets for one reason only---easier player recognition.
For instance the coaches wear white shirts when our players wear crimson jerseys so they are more easily seen on the sidelines and don't blend in with the players. If we wear white jerseys the coaches wear crimson etc.
With Georgia having similar colored helmets and as detail oriented as Coach Saban is I could see him thinking white helmets may help A.J. pick up our receivers easier on down field routes and to eliminate any possible confusion.
I know that seems like a stretch but the man leaves no stone unturned.
Personally however I don't like them. Gimmee some Crimson any day.
sip
Good thinking Sip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.