Herbie on Finebaum Today

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I thought it was interesting that he talked at length about Georgia breaking away from their pattern of being "soft" which KH indicated seems to be a carry over from CMR's "nice guy approach."

He said that he thought the game would be won in the trenches between Georgia's offensive line and our defensive line.

The one concern he mentioned about the Tide is our inability to get teams off the field on third down as demonstrated against LSU and TAMU.

Reading between the lines I think KH probably thinks we are the more physical team and he is concerned about how Georgia will respond.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I heard bits and pieces of the KH interview, but the interview with Gentry Estes on Jox today caught my attention more. He was less than enthusiastic about the Dawgs and some of his comments surprised me seeing that he covers them for 24/7 (I think.) I felt like he was throwing in the towel because every comment tended to support UGA losing. Didn't he cover Bama a few years ago? Maybe he can't hid his true "colors." :rolleye2:

I am just ready to take the media OUT of this game and go out and have BAMA win it on the field! It is time for us to shut them up! Well, until they love-fest with ND kicks into high gear. Sigh.

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip
Well, that really has been the difference between last year and this year's defense. Tough to bring in multiple blitz packages against a top QB like Murray when you are not a good zone defense team. We are also not doing a very good job of disguising the blitz in pre-snap, and that's really hurting us on obvious 3rd down passes.

One thing I'm hoping to see is our supposed pass rushers affecting Murray off the edge.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Look for us to come with blitz packages in this game that no one, including Georgia has seen all year.

sip
Thought this too.

Well, that really has been the difference between last year and this year's defense. Tough to bring in multiple blitz packages against a top QB like Murray when you are not a good zone defense team. We are also not doing a very good job of disguising the blitz in pre-snap, and that's really hurting us on obvious 3rd down passes.

One thing I'm hoping to see is our supposed pass rushers affecting Murray off the edge.
But have been concerned about this too.

Hopefully with the emergence of Geno Smith at corner we'll be able to get a little more creative.

I also think it might help that Murray is a pocket passer with no big threat at all to run.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Against TAMU we got pressure on JM when we brought it but he consistently stepped away from it with those quick feet.

Hopefully we'll get a great push with our 3-4 defensive lineman. Also hopeful we can take advantage of some blitz opportunities on key downs but our defensive backfield has got to cover!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wouldn't we win every game we play in if this were the case?

No, it is sometimes about the players executing the plays. We were very flat in the Texas A&M game...and the LSU game last year got into our players head.

Even AJ said today, that they (players) will treat this game like any other game. He felt they didn't last year and the hype of the "game of the century" got to them.

They need to be mentally prepared for Saturday.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
No battle plan survives the first contact with the enemy. Coaches can only do so much to get these guys ready to play. The rest is up to them.

Saban and company are the best in the business.

Lots of talk on sports radio today about how the GA defensive coordinator, Todd Grantham, a Saban protege, likes to "get cute" with his defenses and instead of attacking the offense back out and play soft zone defense. I hope that's what happens Saturday. Regardless, there's no doubt that Saban and Smart are much better than Richt and Grantham.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Against TAMU we got pressure on JM when we brought it but he consistently stepped away from it with those quick feet.

Hopefully we'll get a great push with our 3-4 defensive lineman. Also hopeful we can take advantage of some blitz opportunities on key downs but our defensive backfield has got to cover!
Nobody has put successful consistent pressure on Manziel..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.