Pac 12 Championship Game

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Before the INT, I was about to post and ask if anyone was rethinking the idea that UCLA might have been sandbagging last week on purpose, thinking they had a better chance of beating Stanford than Oregon this week. :)

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I like Stanford, they're a lot like us offensively. They're a 3-4 defensively but it is a one-gap scheme like Bum Phillips used.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Before the INT, I was about to post and ask if anyone was rethinking the idea that UCLA might have been sandbagging last week on purpose, thinking they had a better chance of beating Stanford than Oregon this week. :)

I'm thinking UCLA was sandbagging like crazy. Either that or Stanford thought they could walk away with it. No reason a team you blew out a week ago should be outgaining you today.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm thinking UCLA was sandbagging like crazy. Either that or Stanford thought they could walk away with it. No reason a team you blew out a week ago should be outgaining you today.
People mocked me last week when I said - before the game - that if the UCLA coaches felt that they had a much better chance of beating Stanford than Oregon this week that the logical choice for them would be to play with an overly conservative gameplan and let Stanford win the game last week.

I'm really starting to wonder if that's not exactly what they did. :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Speaking of championship games...just when you thought Kent state was not going to win, they get 14 points within seconds of each other. Thanks to a fumble and return for a TD. Never say never...now they are tied with a few mins left in the 4th.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
btw, why does fox sports always assume that college football fans are idiots? I liked how right before the half the color dude circled the clock and basically said "see this, it stops on first down", like it was some novel concept.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
The MAC Championship game is crazy, Kent State just tied it up 34-34 and now NIU is driving with :39 left.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
btw, why does fox sports always assume that college football fans are idiots? I liked how right before the half the color dude circled the clock and basically said "see this, it stops on first down", like it was some novel concept.
They're probably assuming the only people watching are PAC12 fans...

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
They also said "The biggest conference championship games are on FOX" referring to this game and the Big 10 game :rolleyes:

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Easy answer is Charles Davis loves pointing out the blatantly obvious stuff. It's the main reason why I watch FOX broadcasts on mute.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.