2012-13 TIDEFANS ANNUAL Yahoo Sport College Football Bowl Pick-em

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
After two games DDD and NBF Bama Cavalry top the charts each with 61-points. Condor63 brings up the rear missing on both picks surrendering 25 confidence points in the process.

Last edited:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
If Arizona doesn't pull off the miracle win RTR247 and studmlb55 would be our leaders. Each players point total, using this scenario, comes to 53 which gets you 11th place in the current point standing.

Another nugget, only 10-players chose Nevada to win over Arizona.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
BYU vs San Diego St. Who you got?

BYU's won 9 of the last ten meetings against The Aztecs.

This game's at Qualcomm Stadium San Diego States home field. State will need the home field setting to help their Sophomore QB, who's making his 5th start of the season against a Cougars defense that ranks 3rd overall in the FBS allowing 266.3 yds and only 14.7 points per game. BYU ranks 2nd in rushing defense which could put the game on the back of the Aztecs young QB.

BYU has their QB issues too, but I like their defense. On offense BYU WR Cody Hoffman's a star, kid catches everything thrown his way 90 rec 1134 yds 11 TD's on the year.

I've always had bad luck picking against the Mormons in Bowl Games. I'm not making the mistake in this one. I got BYU

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
UCF vs Ball St. Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl

Ball State ranks 106th in Rushing Defense allowing 5.15 yds per attempt and 205.8 yds per game.

UCF ranks 45th in Rushing Offense averaging 4.79 yds per attempt and 178.6 per game.

Both teams have had success this year running the ball. But UCF's stats say their a little better at stopping the run ranking 63rd nationally allowing 162.38 per game. If Ball State QB Keith Wenning's unable to play and Freshman Kyle Kamman gets the start this game could turn into three yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm taking UCF in this one.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
UCF vs Ball St. Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl

Ball State ranks 106th in Rushing Defense allowing 5.15 yds per attempt and 205.8 yds per game.

UCF ranks 45th in Rushing Offense averaging 4.79 yds per attempt and 178.6 per game.

Both teams have had success this year running the ball. But UCF's stats say their a little better at stopping the run ranking 63rd nationally allowing 162.38 per game. If Ball State QB Keith Wenning's unable to play and Freshman Kyle Kamman gets the start this game could turn into three yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm taking UCF in this one.
Ball State is hot coming into this one having won 6 in a row, however none of these wins were against quality opponents. Central Florida will be playing the equivalent of a home game, and they've played a tougher schedule in Conf-USA. I've got UCF in this one.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Very few, if any, of us will have SMU in this next game. But how many of you are as uneasy as I am about the intangible factor of June Jones in Hawaii? In other words, which Conference's refs are doing this game?

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
Very few, if any, of us will have SMU in this next game. But how many of you are as uneasy as I am about the intangible factor of June Jones in Hawaii? In other words, which Conference's refs are doing this game?
I could see being uneasy if this game was last in line of a full day of games. Hawaii was always the game my gambling buddies tried to make it all back on after losing their pay checks earlier that day.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I could see being uneasy if this game was last in line of a full day of games. Hawaii was always the game my gambling buddies tried to make it all back on after losing their pay checks earlier that day.
Oh so it was Vegas and the bookies, rather than June Jones, who used to influence the refs in the Hawaii games.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: Yahoo Sport College Fotball Bowl Pick-em

Not sure what happened with my picks, but I got disconnected from the group and when I signed back in I had to create another name. Geez. When I got back in, there I was and my picks were still there. Have no idea how to delete the second "bamabelle1991" with no picks. mulletover--can you delete it as the admin of the group?

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Not sure what happened with my picks, but I got disconnected from the group and when I signed back in I had to create another name. Geez. When I got back in, there I was and my picks were still there. Have no idea how to delete the second "bamabelle1991" with no picks. mulletover--can you delete it as the admin of the group?
Sure I can. Sorry for any confusion. I'm not sure what happened there.

Edit* It's Done

Last edited:

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
After 11 games of some what hard to watch football Bear Disciple leads by a slim margin. Only 24 points seperate 1st from 10th place with a lot of football left to play. We could see some seperation after games today and Saturday play out. Good Luck!

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Oh man!! You deleted the wrong one! I was in 9th place, too! :(

ETA: Just re-picked with what was left.
I'm out to win by any means necessary.

Not Really.
The one I deleted had zero picks chosen. Or so I thought, Very Sorry, you're still beating me I'm never very good at these. I am sorry! I'll send you a gift certificate when the games conclude.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I'm out to win by any means necessary.

Not Really.
The one I deleted had zero picks chosen. Or so I thought, Very Sorry, you're still beating me I'm never very good at these. I am sorry! I'll send you a gift certificate when the games conclude.
No worries and no gift certificate necessary! My picks started going down hill FAAAAST over the last 2 days anyway--I wouldn't have come close to winning. LOL! It's my fault anyway. Clearly, I can't navigate a Yahoo Pick 'Em worth a darn! It is fun to have a "reason" to watch games I otherwise would have no interest in. I can still do that! :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.