I never pray for a win, but...

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I have a friend whose grandfather lives in Georgia, but is a huge Alabama fan. He has cancer, so I assume as part of his bucket list he and his son are going to the SEC Championship game. My friend is not a huge sports fan, but really appreciates the opportunity afforded her grandfather. I say she is not a huge fan, but she does pull for the Tide. She goes "I never pray for a win, but this time I am - hoping my Grandfather gets to see his team win." May her prayers be answered.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I have met him on a couple of occasions at church. I know he is just tickled to be going, win or lose. And I know he won't be praying for a win.

I don't know the details, but apparently the folks running the Georgia Dome are taking care of them when they found out his condition. I am assuming they are taking care of his parking and other needs while there. That's not only good PR, but the right thing to do. It means a lot to the family and to me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I never pray for a win in this world of suffering, but I most certainly will pray for the suffering one to have a memorable day as well as those who are his family.

I've always thought the greatest thing about great sports moments is who you were with when you saw them happen.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
That's heart-wrenching, and understand exactly how your friend and her grandfather feel. Thank goodness the Tide pulled out a win for both of them

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.