"Cyclone" Lacy cemented his spot tonight.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
If anyone would be honest, most of us could see Eddie succumbing to the toe injury and caving to the mantra Yeldon was growing almost from day one. I'll say I was seeing TJ eventually take over the top spot about five games in while Lacy, even if still contributing, moved into a second-fiddle position. But these last five or six weeks, against the toughest meat of the schedule, have seen Lacy finally heal up and he's commanding just about the same amount of respect as his predecessors.

He's a leader out there, and Yeldon's talent notwithstanding, he's surprisingly asserted himself psychologically as the number one back from here on out. I don't see how anyone could debate that. Great job, Cyclone!

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
If anyone would be honest, most of us could see Eddie succumbing to the toe injury and caving to the mantra Yeldon was growing almost from day one. I'll say I was seeing TJ eventually take over the top spot about five games in while Lacy, even if still contributing, moved into a second-fiddle position. But these last five or six weeks, against the toughest meat of the schedule, have seen Lacy finally heal up and he's commanding just about the same amount of respect as his predecessors.

He's a leader out there, and Yeldon's talent notwithstanding, he's surprisingly asserted himself psychologically as the number one back from here on out. I don't see how anyone could debate that. Great job, Cyclone!
Terrific and much needed threaD. Eddie was great and deserving of his MVP. Hooray for Eddie Lacy.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
Totally agree. I thought the same early on and mid-way: Lacy will never really heal, Yeldon is getting better and better, it's just a matter of time. Glad to be wrong. Yeldon did get better and better, but Lacy ran his best in the biggest games. Legacy cemented.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Eddie played a heck of a game tonight. I loved seeing the passion he played with, especially the dive for the TD after being denied on the previous possession. Reminded me a lot of how Ingram took over the game in the second half of the '09 BCSNCG.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He knew it was his time and boy did he shine! Congrats Eddie! Now he has a full month to heal and the rich get richer!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I had very similar thoughts about Lacy during the game. This was his year to be "the man" at RB and injuries have held him back but he came up huge today. I was very glad to see that because he has been a very good, hard working player for us the previous two seasons. He could have been a starter for most other teams but he played his role as backup to Trent. I would like for him to stick around one more year to really cap his career but I'm of the opinion that he will be gone after this season and that will be the right decision for him to make.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.