2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

jsbowl20

Dec 2, 2012
I have a different question. I don't have points and I just found out we can go. Resale for a fortune is probably all I can get now. What's the best place to start looking?
I have four tickets and they are listed on eBay and Stubhub. The nice part about eBay is you don't have to pay the extra 10% to buy tickets but make sure that you buy them from a trusted seller.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've heard from ND students that their ticket allotment was 2,500 for their students and 150 dollars a piece with a 20 dollar application fee for the lottery. No word on the prices from the Alabama end to the student but I imagine it will be much the same.

Just for the students out there wondering what the damage will be...of course, most students will just get their daddy to pay for it unlike adult graduate students like myself.

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
The thought of most Tide Pride members is 200-250 will be cutoff. That being said I'm around 140 in TP points and I received tickets last year to New Orleans. I'm hoping I will receive them again this year.
You sure about that? We are around 280 and we didn't receive tickets last year. We had to get them in the secondary market. I believe the cut-off last year was close to 405. Not sure of the exact number, but i know we were not even close. Miami isn't a easy drive like New O.. Just a wait and see now.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham
I'm closing in on 200 and didn't sniff tickets to the Superdome. Neither did a friend of mine who has more than I do.

Doubt I'll be in the mix again this year, which is sad, since I've been buying 4 tickets for 10 years. Someting about the way points are awarded isn't quite right.

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
Airfare, hotel, rental car and ticket for $1100? I'll take 4 of those deals right now and give you a finder's fee.
I booked my hotel a year ago and flights a month ago :) Gotta have faith! Well that and we were planning on it as a vacation regardless of whether Alabama was in the championship game. $1400 for 2 flights ATL-PBI, car for 5 days, and 5 nights at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Unfortunately ... the total points is over 441 I believe ...

Here is what is listed on the Rolltide website .. hoping it drops a little like it did for 2009 game...
3900 & Up 8 8
990 – 3899 4 4
440 – 989 2 2
439 & Below 0 2 (if available)

I think it is crazy to offer anyone 8 ... drop it to more like 6 and offer a few more people some. ... just my thoughts.
We have like 381 ... so keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
It should be how many seats you have is how many tickets you may receive. That will make more available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
I think it is crazy to offer anyone 8 ... drop it to more like 6 and offer a few more people some. ... just my thoughts.
We have like 381 ... so keeping my fingers crossed!!!
It should be how many seats you have is how many tickets you may receive. That will make more available.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
The people who get 8 have donated quite a lot of money, and many of them have that many tickets in their season package. I don't think there is much more of an equitable system than reward the people who have given the most. Choices are to give more or buy on the secondary market.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I have close to 200 points. Got tix in 2009 for Pasadena (somehow).
Never applied last year, but did this year. We'll see.
At some point, I wonder where the value is in putting up big $$ for season tickets each year if I can get tickets on the street for same ... or less. And just save my money for a bowl game. I agree with rewarding the big donors the most, but there has to be a bit more equitable way.

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
The people who get 8 have donated quite a lot of money, and many of them have that many tickets in their season package. I don't think there is much more of an equitable system than reward the people who have given the most. Choices are to give more or buy on the secondary market.
Yeah true, but I wonder how many of these end up in that secondary market. I can assure you that quite a few of these tickets will be on StubHub in the coming weeks. We personally purchase 10 season tickets in the Century Club and have done so for at least 15 years. We did get tickets in 2009, but did not last year. We never get SECCG tickets, we usually get tickets to the opening neutral site games. I agree that those that pay the high dollars should get a larger number of tickets, maybe more like 4-6. Like I said, I get 10 tickets, I would love to have just 2 for these games. Take this weekend for example, there was a lady in front of us that appeared to bring her 2/3 kids(elementary age thru jr high), they appeared to have each brought a friend, they were using 8 seats. She was the only one that had any interest in the game. All the kids were more interested what they were getting from the snack bar than who won the game. I was in section 138 so these were probably some of the high dollar donation people. Another example was the group directly in front of me, 6 seats and two of the people sitting in the seats were Auburn fans that just came along for the fun of it. A guy that knew them walked down and asked them what they were doing there and the guy said "I don't know, (name) had two extra tickets so we just tagged along. They never were into the game(as expected) and appeared to be less-than-interested in being there. I there were many Bama fans that would have given an arm and leg to be there, but I guess it is what it is!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yeah true, but I wonder how many of these end up in that secondary market. I can assure you that quite a few of these tickets will be on StubHub in the coming weeks. We personally purchase 10 season tickets in the Century Club and have done so for at least 15 years. We did get tickets in 2009, but did not last year. We never get SECCG tickets, we usually get tickets to the opening neutral site games. I agree that those that pay the high dollars should get a larger number of tickets, maybe more like 4-6. Like I said, I get 10 tickets, I would love to have just 2 for these games. Take this weekend for example, there was a lady in front of us that appeared to bring her 2/3 kids(elementary age thru jr high), they appeared to have each brought a friend, they were using 8 seats. She was the only one that had any interest in the game. All the kids were more interested what they were getting from the snack bar than who won the game. I was in section 138 so these were probably some of the high dollar donation people. Another example was the group directly in front of me, 6 seats and two of the people sitting in the seats were Auburn fans that just came along for the fun of it. A guy that knew them walked down and asked them what they were doing there and the guy said "I don't know, (name) had two extra tickets so we just tagged along. They never were into the game(as expected) and appeared to be less-than-interested in being there. I there were many Bama fans that would have given an arm and leg to be there, but I guess it is what it is!
If the tickets do make their way into the secondary market, you won't find too many "who is the opponent?" spectators at $3000 each.

Last edited:

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
We own 8 tickets in Tide Pride ... for the last 18 years. We got tickets to Pasadena, but not last year. Had to pay a fortune to get tickets last year. My husband and I live in Cincinnati and drive down to all the games!!! We have SEC tickets that we have gotten through the SEC office since the very first game .. thk goodness. We are unable to get those or the BCS game, unless the point value drops. We have almost 400 points. Just very frustrating!!!
I don't have a problem with rewarding those who pay the most, just saying reward a little less. Let's reward those who actually use the tickets too :) and don't sell them :)

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
If you'd rather your money go to the University than the secondary market, either get on the list for a higher level club or donate to the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund and get 3 points per $100.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
If you'd rather your money go to the University than the secondary market, either get on the list for a higher level club or donate to the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund and get 3 points per $100.
So $20000 would assure me a crack at bowl tickets every year?

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
While I like the premise of your argument you'd have to donate $45,000 at current levels to get up to the point of having access to tickets. That's tax deductible so it's a ~net $30,000 cost to get access to tickets. At an extra $1K/ticket and 2 tickets per game we'd have to play in 15 BCS title matches to break even.

So you'd break even sometime around 2027-2030 at the current pace. ;)

CmdrThor

1st Team
Oct 29, 2008
Marietta, GA
So $20000 would assure me a crack at bowl tickets every year?
Yea, 600 points would probably be good ... for now. However the limits tend to go up, you know, keeping up with the Joneses. Really about $15,000 would do it this year if you were starting from 0 points. Consider you could profit $2,000 this year selling those tickets if you chose, then try to figure out how often will we be in the National Championship game and SEC championship. Also the semi-final games in the near future. Also consider how much you could profit off selling your season tickets. Not really sure if it is cheaper to pay the secondary market price or pay the donation, but given we've been to the National Championship 3 out of the past 4 year I am guessing it is pretty close.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
We own 8 tickets in Tide Pride ... for the last 18 years. We got tickets to Pasadena, but not last year. Had to pay a fortune to get tickets last year. My husband and I live in Cincinnati and drive down to all the games!!! We have SEC tickets that we have gotten through the SEC office since the very first game .. thk goodness. We are unable to get those or the BCS game, unless the point value drops. We have almost 400 points. Just very frustrating!!!
I don't have a problem with rewarding those who pay the most, just saying reward a little less. Let's reward those who actually use the tickets too :) and don't sell them :)
wow and I thought driving down from Memphis every week was pretty good.

I think the cutoff was 404 last year.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
If I remember correctly, the game against Texas had a much lower point threshold than the one against LSU last year based on the demands (Due to travel distance and such). I'd imagine the threshold will be around wherever it was for the LSU game.
One other difference that decreased demand was that the Rose Bowl has over 100K seats..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.