2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just a warning...not that you haven't heard this...but be careful about buying tickets from just anybody.

Last January in NOLA on the day after THE GAME I bumped into some folks I know and in our catching up they told me how they bought tickets two tickets off the street before the game. They paid $1700 for the pair and when they got to the gate their tickets didn't scan and were deemed "counterfeit." I asked them what they did and they said they went back to the hotel and watched it on TV.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
I received the dreaded reject e-mail. Hopefully I will find some tickets in the secondary market. Either way I still plan on going to South Florida for the game even if I have to watch on television.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm getting 2 tickets from UA, but 502 points is exceptionally high for the cut-off. It suggests to me that just about every eligible Tide Pride member at the highest levels requested and received the maximum number of tickets (which for the very top is 8 per person). This may well prove to be the toughest college football ticket ever.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm getting 2 tickets from UA, but 502 points is exceptionally high for the cut-off. It suggests to me that just about every eligible Tide Pride member at the highest levels requested and received the maximum number of tickets (which for the very top is 8 per person). This may well prove to be the toughest college football ticket ever.
I also got some positive news and I agree that everyone who could order tickets must have ordered them. This is going to be a super tough ticket. I heard that the Notre Dame AD said they could sell 100,000 tickets....I suspect Bama could do the same.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Are you serious?? That sucks. Sorry man
For certain. Oh well, there is a silver lining, of sorts. We were going to go to the game via a travel package we had picked out, but I wouldn't click the "pay" button until getting ticket confirmation (since it is non-refundable). When the cut off started at 440, I felt good about my chances, but that little nagging voice in the back of my mind kept saying you'd better wait. I guess there are times it is a good thing to hear "voices", lol.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Another year of no tickets for me, but I am not surprised. I was of course hopeful that I would get them and we could make the trip, but it will be TV for me. RTR!!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Just how many TP members are there? This whole TT points has really gotten out of control. I am not fortunate and rich enough do donate an extra few thousand dollars along with my 260 donation for 2 seats and the cost of 2 season ticket packages. I have 194 tt points and fell quite short of the cutoff. Oh well, that will be more money in my pocket.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
Just how many TP members are there? This whole TT points has really gotten out of control. I am not fortunate and rich enough do donate an extra few thousand dollars along with my 260 donation for 2 seats and the cost of 2 season ticket packages. I have 194 tt points and fell quite short of the cutoff. Oh well, that will be more money in my pocket.

Well, at least I know by the email that directly followed my denial, that my annual thousands will be justly rewarded with all the NC gear I can buy!!:rolleyes:

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
By the way, the email says tickets will be shipped next Friday 12/14. So people who are planning to sell the will have them in hand early the following week.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
No tickets for us, either. 501 cutoff! We'll never catch up the way they raise the bar every year. :conf2:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The reason so many of us received tix to Pasadena is the initial offering was 19k but they did a second offering after more allotment was obtained. I think both schools petitioned and got an extra couple thousand tix. The Rose Bowl has a higher seating capacity than any other BCS bowl site. It had been a while since we had been to the NC game. Now I think the cat is out of the bag with almost all fans knowing what those tix will fetch. If I did the math correctly 70% of the allotment would go to folks who own skyboxes and/or are Ivory Club Members because they get 8 tix a piece. That doesnt leave a whole lot for the rest of us - even the upper middle class TP fan.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
No tickets for us, either. 501 cutoff! We'll never catch up the way they raise the bar every year. :conf2:
I feel your pain. I have 194 and there is no way I am able to afford buying my way up the line.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.